FAO DISEASE CONTROL CENTRE (DCD) DATA ENCODER (FAO-HPAI/DP/18/02-78) (NATIONAL)
||FAO-HPAI Project Office, Directorate of Animal Health, Ministry of Agriculture, Jakarta,, INDONESIA
|Application Deadline :||07-Mar-10|
|Type of Contract :||Other|
|Post Level :||Other|
|Languages Required :||
|Duration of Initial Contract :||3 months with possibility of extension|
|THIS IS FAO POST, PLEASE SEND DIRECTLY APPLICATION IN LINE WITH APPLICATION PROCEDURE AS OUTLINED BELOW
I. Organizational Context
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a United Nation agency which provides technical assistance in Indonesia. One of our projects since 2006 provides support for the control of Avian Influenza, in cooperation with national and regional Indonesian government livestock authorities. Project activities are conducted in various locations nationwide.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, the Project Chief Technical Advisor, and the M&E Specialist and under the direct supervision of the Data Encoder Coordinato, DCC Data Encoder will provide assistance and support to Data Encoder Coordinator in monitoring the rapid and continuous data flow from LDCCs to DCC.
Duties and Responsibilities
|II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
III. Impact of Results
- ?Perform a weekly download of LDCC PDSR databases, make necessary file name corrections, and append these database files to the national PDSR database, using the provided software utility programs.
- Perform a weekly backup of the PDSR database onto removable media, and store this backup off-site.
- Print and distribute hard or soft copies automated regular reports from the database.
- Provide assistance to the CMU in their expanded data management role and in their operation of the PDSR database program.
- Provide a soft copy of the national database back end to the Epidemiological Team on a weekly basis.
- Provide a weekly monitoring data report from the weekly database reports sent from LDCCs
- In coordination with the Database Programmer, monitor data quality and undertake data validation/integrity checks as required, and report these to the Data Encoder Coordinator
- Provide inputs, suggestions, and comments on the data submitted from the LDCCs to improve performance and decrease errors in reporting.
- Monitor the number of PDSR form backlogs in the LDCCs to ensure that the number of PDSR forms backlogs in the LDCC is under control.
- Manage and file all PDSR forms backlogs sent to DCC/project office and to distribute it to the casual data encoders hired for clearing form backlogs.
- Update the PDSR database desa master list and personnel list on a monthly basis.
- Participate in any Yahoo Messenger Conferences held with all Data Encoders and the Data Encoder Coordinator
- Perform other related duties as required.
The key results have an impact on the success of FAO/ GOI Avian Influenza Control Programme implementation in Indonesia.
|IV. Competencies |
- Demonstrates commitment to FAO vision, mission and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Contributes effectively to team work and team outcomes;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines;
- Ability to work without direct supervision;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and public relation skills;
Required Skills and Experience
V.? Recruitment Qualifications
- Minimum of Diploma III holder in Computer Science or related computer course
- ?Minimum of 2 years experience in related area of works
- Excellent knowledge of Internet and various computer software programs, especially MS Access, MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Familiarity with operational issues of database management
- Good ability to speak and write English and Bahasa Indonesia.
All applications should be addressed to:
Operations Support Unit
Office of the FAO Representative in Indonesia,
11th floor Menara Thamrin Building
Jalan M.H. Thamrin Kav.3 Jakarta 10250
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.