Summary of Key Functions:
· working closely with the NPM to design, co-ordinate, manage, facilitate, organize and monitor project inputs, outputs and activities (especially in the areas of tourism, eco-museums, marine BD, fisheries and green banking)
· surveying, assisting and instructing relevant institutions and consultants contracted by the project
· Facilitating and supporting involvement of the participating project partners including local, county and national level Administrations and Authorities; representatives of the involved public institutions, NGOs, research institutions and private sector partners
· co-ordination, supervision, quality control and leadership within Green Business Support Programme component of the project
· representing the NPM, when appropriate and approved
· The DNPM acts under the supervision, facilitation, guidance and operational instructions of the NPM, to whom s/he is directly responsible
Key Results/Outcomes Expected
· Biodiversity friendly rural development models in the agriculture, fisheries and tourism sectors are demonstrated and promoted in four small, globally important, productive landscapes
· Investment climate and market opportunities and measures for BD-friendly enterprises improved across the four counties
· Compliance with biodiversity related legislation, regulations and guidelines relevant to the agricultural, fisheries and tourism has increased in all four counties
· An improved national-level enabling environment that appreciates, supports, institutionalizes and disseminates biodiversity-friendly development in coastal areas
Duties and responsibilities
Overall, the DNPM will be responsible for (i) working closely with the NPM to co-ordinate, manage, facilitate and organize project inputs, outputs and activities, (ii) replacing or representing the NPM, when appropriate.
Besides GBSP (Green Business Support Programme) which is his/her primary focus, in which s/he has overall coordinating, supervising and quality control role, the DNPM will work more closely on the activities in the areas of tourism, fisheries and green banking.
Specific duties include:
1. Facilitating and supporting involvement of the participating project partners including local, county and national level Administrations and Authorities; representatives of the involved public institutions, NGOs, research institutions and private sector partners;
2. Permanent communication, exchange of information and cooperation with key partners and stakeholders located in the project area;
3. Support to and cooperation with national level institutions for the purpose of mainstreaming project activities and results;
4. Overall co-ordination of the Green Business Support Programme (GBSP) implementation.
5. Assist the NPM in preparation of regular draft workplans and progress reports;
6. Assist the NPM in drafting ToRs for experts and institutions to implement project activities;
7. Assist the NPM in designing and organising training and all other activities/meetings;
8. On behalf of PIU, and under direction and supervision of NPM: participate in the identification and recruitment of experts, Secondees, contractors, services, goods, etc.; fully supervise and provide technical backstopping to all Secondees, focus groups, consultants and sub-contractors;
9. Identify, in a timely manner, any problems, needs and opportunities, alert NPM, undertake appropriate actions within her/his mandate and possibility, and propose measures to be undertaken at project level;
10. On behalf of PIU, and under the supervision of and with the assistance of the NPM, manage and supervise Green Business Support Programme component of the Project.
11. Delegate tasks related to financial and operational day-to-day management of the GBSP to the Project Associate (Economics) and Secondees within county development agencies (CDA) for the purpose of GBSP institutionalization within CDAs;
12. Monitor GBSP implementation, codify lessons learned and integrate them in the upgrades of the GBSP procedures and manual;
13. On behalf of PIU, and under the supervision of and with the assistance of the NPM, supervise and technically support activities in the areas of tourism, fisheries, and green banking;
14. Support PIU communications, participate in the implementation of the project communication plan, support project monitoring and other activities;
15. Directly implement other actions related with mandate, as envisaged by Workplan or as requested by NPM;
16. Attend regular project planning meetings at PIU;
17. As requested, replace the NPM when s/he is unavailable or on mission or leave.