M & E EXPERT- EDUCATION, CHTDF PROJECT, (RE-ADVERTISEMENT, ONLY BANGLADESHI NATIONALS ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY)
|Application Deadline :||21-May-11|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-3|
|Languages Required :||
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One year|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||One year initially, renewal on annual basis upon satisfactory performance & availability of funds|
|The Chittagong Hill Tracts Development Facility (CHTDF) of UNDP is implementing an education component (‘Support to Basic Education in the CHT, Phase II, December 2009 – September 2013), with the European Union as the major donor. The main objective of this component is to improve access to and quality of basic education in un-served and underserved areas of CHT, where CHTDF is presently providing assistance to some 480 primary schools, including schools where mother-tongue based multilingual education has been introduced, in 12 Upazilas of the CHT through active collaboration with the Hill District Councils (HDCs). The M&E Expert (Education) will be a key member of the CHTDF Education Cluster responsible for management of the component.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Education Cluster Leader the incumbent will have the following major responsibilities:
- Assist the Cluster Leader in monitoring timely, effective and efficient delivery of all key activities of the cluster.
- Work closely with the Planning, Monitoring and Reporting (PMR) Unit of CHTDF and relevant Programme Officers in the cluster in setting up and implementation of an appropriate M& E system, developing effective monitoring tools and formats for the cluster
- Collect, analyze and structure the data collected at district, upazila and community level in a useful format for feedback, monitoring and reporting.
- Liaise with the HDC, District Primary Education Officers and other relevant government and non-government institutions at the district and upazila levels in connection to data collection related to education interventions.
- Develop and maintain a software/database for effective monitoring of education activities under the project
- Develop and provide support in all qualitative surveys of the education cluster, e.g. in relation to teaching learning and overall quality education
- Track the progress of results of the education cluster as per log frame indicators
- Assist in the development and management of a M& E System for HDCs in collaboration with HDC based education staffs
- Work closely with all CHTDF field offices and partner NGOs, and provide technical support in relation to M&E as and when required.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports of the education Cluster.
- Reports to Cluster Leader, education and maintains close communication with HDC based Education Colleagues, contracted partner NGOs and all relevant CHTDF staff.
Functions / Key Results Expected
Monitoring and evaluation, data management and analysis, capacity building and reporting are the key functions of this position.
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the education cluster and the overall CHTDF programme. Appropriate support to the cluster’s planning, monitoring and evaluation will help ensure effective and efficient provision of education services to underserved communities in selected Upazilas. Proper capacity building initiatives by the incumbent would improve the efficiency and effectiveness of M&E systems at district/NGO/HDC levels.
Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- The education data collected are streamlined, compiled and analyzed in a timely manner.
- Contribution made to the design and implementation of a performing M&E system at upazila and district levels.
- All the monthly and quarterly and annual reports are analyzed and feedback submitted to the appropriate authority.
- All the report, work plan and preparation of budget submitted in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Shares knowledge and experience with, and actively learns from co-workers, program participants, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Plans, prioritizes and delivers tasks on time
- Focuses on result for the clients and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
And demonstrates openness to change
Required Skills and Experience
Masters in Statistics, Education, Social Sciences or any other relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience of working in M& E with preferable experience in education.
- Extensive and up-to-date knowledge in statistical analyses using computer applications, and the design, development and implementation of computer based information systems for the management, analysis and presentation of education statistical data.
- Knowledge of GIS and relevant software such as ArcInfo Will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability in the design of methods and strategies to produce, analyze data, use and share information with a variety of actors in different environments.
- Ability to analyze trends to identify the risks and benefits of different options for data collection and validation.
- Demonstrated ability of report writing with state-of-the-art graphs, charts etc.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Bangla.
Besides online application; application in hardcopy can also be sent marked as “Confidential” and the position applied for should be clearly written on the A4 size envelope. Application including curriculum vitae and recent passport-size photograph should be sent to the Operations Manager, UNDP-CHTDF, Rajbari Road, Rangamati by 21 May, 2011 Close of Business (COB).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.