FAO PERSONAL ASSISTANT (FAO- ECTAD/ PA/06/10-118) (FOR INDONESIAN NATIONALITY ONLY)
||FAO Project Office, 6th floor, Directorate of Animal Health, Building C, Ministry of Agriculture, Ragunan, South Jakarta, INDONESIA
|Application Deadline :||22-Oct-11|
|Type of Contract :||Other|
|Post Level :||Other|
|Languages Required :||
|Duration of Initial Contract :||3 months with possibility of extension|
THIS IS FAO POST, PLEASE SEND DIRECTLY APPLICATION IN LINE WITH APPLICATION PROCEDURE AS OUTLINED BELOW
I. Organizational Context
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a United Nation agency which provides technical assistance in Indonesia. One of our projects since 2006 provides support for the control of Avian Influenza, in cooperation with national and regional Indonesian government livestock authorities. Project activities are conducted in various locations nationwide.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and direct supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) in close coordination with the Translation and Administrative teams, provides personal administrative and translation support to the CTA
Duties and Responsibilities
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
- Assist the activities of The Chief Technical Adviser especially for daily activities schedule and driver management;
- Prepare travel arrangements (ITA preparation, security clearance, hotel reservations, budget estimations, etc) for travels of The Chief Technical Adviser and other International Staffs as requested;
- Coordinate scheduling of meetings and appointments for the Chief Technical Adviser;
- Assist the Chief Technical Adviser to organize and archive information, including written and electronic project materials;
- Draft routine correspondence, memoranda, and reports from oral instructions, previous correspondence or other available information sources in accordance with standard office procedures;
- Maintain the document filing system both hard copy and electronic, receive/send correspondence, and direct communications to the persons concerned, maintain records of such communications, and respond to routine enquiries;
- Attend meetings with The Chief Technical Adviser (when required) and be responsible for taking minutes of meetings;
- Assist other international staff with administration issues, Travel Expense Claims, and other requests;
- When necessary, assist administrative team with preparation of meetings, field visits, seminars, workshops, etc.;
Perform other related duties as required.
III. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the success of FAO ECTAD implementation in Indonesia.
- Demonstrates commitment to FAO vision, mission and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Contributes effectively to team work and team outcomes
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Ability to plan own work, manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and public relation skills.
Required Skills and Experience
V. Recruitment Qualifications
- Minimum Diploma degree (D3) in administration, secretarial or other relevant field; University degree would be an asset;
- Minimum five (5) years work experience in a similar position for an international organizations or companies, particularly with FAO or other UN Agencies will be an added advantage;
- Excellent memo composition and typing skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and travel on short notice.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, fluent in Bahasa Indonesia
Interested candidates should submit a CV and a covering letter clearly stating their relevant skills, experience, vacancy and reference code by e-mail or fax to:
E-mail: FAO-ID@fao.org; Fax: (021) 392 2747
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.