- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
Senior Development Expert (Qatar)
|Location :||UNITED ARAB EMIRATES|
|Application Deadline :||15-Feb-12|
|Additional Category||Millennium Development Goals|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One Year (Renewable)|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||One Year (Renewable)|
UNDP is trying to identify a Senior Development Expert for the General Secretariat for Development Planning (GSDP). GSDP, reporting to Qatar’s Supreme Committee for Development Planning, is responsible for the preparation of the Qatar National Vision and related National Development Strategies, as well as for the monitoring and evaluation of these strategies.
GSDP is currently seeking a senior level expert with an excellent track record and considerable experience in public sector development planning. The incumbent reporting directly to the Secretary-General and will be part of his office.
Note: This position is based in QATAR.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Excellent written and communication skills in both Arabic and English, and extensive knowledge working in the Gulf/Arab region, with experience working in Qatar being an advantage.
2. Excellent IT skills.
3. A team player who enjoys working in a multicultural setting.
Required Skills and Experience
1. At least 15 years of senior level experience in national development and strategic planning in the public sector and/or international organizations.
2. A PhD, or Masters Degree, from an internationally reputed university in Development Economics or any related development fields in the social sciences.
3. Detailed knowledge and experience of economic, social, human and environmental development issues in national development plans.
4. Proven track record in development research and publications.
5. Significant experience in stakeholder engagement and communication, especially within the public sector.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.