CONSULTANT IN INTERVENTUION (DEVELOPMENTAL THERAPY) FOR INDIVIUALS WITH DISABILITIES FOR THE PSYCHOLOGICAL MEDICINE HOSPITAL
|Application Deadline :||29-Feb-12|
|Additional Category||Millennium Development Goals|
|Type of Contract :||Other|
|Post Level :||Other|
|Languages Required :||
Arabic English |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||6 Months|
The Psychological Medicine Hospital is seeking technical assistance to enhance its training capacity and outreach in the field of clinical intervention by making avaialble a consultant in developmental therapy to provide training for teachers and psychologists and counsellors on how best to provide assistance and intervention for students with early learning challanges and disabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Screening the psychological problems that face children in their early learning experiences by filling out a specific questionnaire in order to address the challenges and ways to deal with it.
- Raise awareness in society by utilizing media outlets regarding the role of developmental psychologists in the area of early learning difficulties.
- Enhance professional efficiency of clinical psychologists to use with early learning disability systems (individual, familial, and school)
- Train the clinical psychologist in modern clinical interview skills to use with children
- Develop and deliver practical clinical methods aimed at enhancing therapies and child relationship in the early stages of treatment
- Clinical psychology services unit in psychological medicine hospital
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Health
- Play therapy center
- Parents and caregivers
- Training for teachers and specialists on how to use the intervention programme.
- Capaticy building for the Psychology Department at the Ministry of Health (Psychological Medicine Hospital).
- Raising awareness of role of developmental psychologists in the area of early learning difficulties.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Arabic
- Past relevant expertise in executing similar projects and past publications in the area of the project.
- Expertise in child and family clinical psychology
- Previous relevant experience in working with governmental and non-governmental systems in the area of developmental therapy
- Publications in the area of clinical psychology
- Past relevant expertise in organizing and delivering training courses.
- Previous work in Kuwait and previous work for UNDP is preferred.
Required Skills and Experience
- PhD in the field of clinical psychology.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.