||Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA
|Application Deadline :||30-Sep-12|
|Type of Contract :||Internship|
|Post Level :||Intern|
|Languages Required :||
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||3 months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||3 months|
The Regional Gender ,Private sector(AFIM) ,Capacity Development and Operations Teams at UNDP Regional Service Centre in Johannesburg iare looking for an intern with highly developed English language writing and analytical skills.
- Focuses on activities whhich contributes to the Regional project for Gender equality and women's empowerment in Africa.
Private Sector Team:
- Focuses on increased capacity of regional organizations,governments,and other stakeholders to support inclusive market development in the region.
Capacity Development Team:
- Focuses on scaling up national and local capacities for more sustainable and integrated development results, in UNDP’s mandate areas to address the Millennium Declaration and Millennium Development Goals.
- Provides efficient operational services,ensures managerial compliance and provides day -to-day operational support to project implementation,with specific emphasis on such critical aspects as finance,human resources,procurement and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and compile a list of documentation informing on women economic and property rights and access to finance and justice pertaining to African countries.
- Identify good practices,lessons learnt,country strategies and policies enabling or constraining women economic and property rights and access to finance and justice.
- Prepare and draft rerport using the rsearch findings.
Private Sector Team
- Conduct research on private sector and inclusive market developmnet
- Assist in writing the Inclusive Finance Handbook
- Provide inputs to the African Private sector development community
Capacity Development Team:
- Conduct research on Capacity Development specific issues
- Report writing,publishing of the Capacity Development newsletter.
- Provides administrative support
- Assist the procurement team in all procurement related issues
- Assist finance team in all finance related issues.
- Assist human resources team in all human resources related issues.
- Research skills
- Communication skills
- Administrative skills
- Team Player
- Analytical Skills
- Writting skills
Required Skills and Experience
- Be enrolled or intending to study Master's degree or Phd in Development Economics,Development Studies,Public Administration,Business Administration ,Human Resources Management,Accounting , Finance,Gender and related social sciences discipline.
NB:Applicats must submit the following required documents:
- Updated CV/Resume
- A letter of endorsement from his/her university confirming curremt enrollment and graduation date
- A copy of his/her transcript
- A letter of endorsemnt from a senior faculty member
- A brief paper setting out the reasons why he/she is seeking an internship with UNDP
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.