PROGRAMME ASSISTANT - ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENT UNIT (NATIONALS OF CHILE OR FOREIGNERS WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN CHILE)
|Application Deadline :||31-May-12|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SC-6|
|Languages Required :||
English Spanish |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||Until December 31, 2012|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||1 Year renewable|
|Under the overall guidance of the Programme Officer for Energy and Environment, the Programme Assistant provides programme support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
The Programme Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project staff in the Country Office (CO) and UNDP HQ as required to exchange information and support programme delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Support to management of the CO programme on Energy and Environment, with special emphasis on the Climate Change and the Ozone (Montreal Protocol) sub-programme;
- Administrative and financial support to the Programme Portfolio on Energy and Environment;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Support to management of the CO programme on Energy and Environment focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support formulation of project documents and substantive revisions;
- Creation of projects in Atlas, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, estimation of unutilized funds, operational closure of a project;
- Presentation of information for audit of NIM projects;
- Permanent project monitoring and follow up;
- Maintain regular meetings with project staff in order to ensure the achievement of project results;
- Knowledge of UNDP policies and procedures in al aspects related to Project Management.
Administrative support to the Programme Portfolio on Energy and Environment focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring budget and payment requests for development projects;
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system including timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers;
- Support procurement process for development projects;
- Presentation of income and expenditure reports as requested by UNDP or implementing partners.
Supports resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas;
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme;
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Participation in inter-agency thematic group.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to Results Management, including screening and collecting of programme/ projects documentation, projects data entering, preparation of revisions, filing, provision of information;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Ability for teamwork.
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Business or Administration, Economics, Engineering, Political and Social Sciences.
- At least 4 years experience in the preparation, implementation and management of projects/programmes;
- At least 2 years in the implementation programs or projects in the field of climate change and energy.
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Minimum 2 years of relevant administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software;
- Experience in handling of web based management systems (ERP).
Download, fill and sign the P11 - Personal History Form
The system will be prompted to upload a file on the next page after "submit" application.
UNDP will not process applications without a properly uploaded P11 form.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.