EXPERT IN E-MANAGEMENT: MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
|Application Deadline :||04-Jun-12|
|Additional Category||Millennium Development Goals|
|Type of Contract :||Other|
|Post Level :||Other|
|Languages Required :||
Arabic English |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||1 Year|
The State of Kuwait, in coordination with UNDP, strives to enhance institutional capacities at various Government agencies in coordination with the General Secretariat of the Supreme Council for Planning and Development. In this context, the Ministry of Education (MOE) intends to recruit an expert to assist in developing a system for E-Management.
Objectives of the consultancy:
- Enhance capacity building efforts and development of E-Management skills needed at the beneficiary;
- Improve the E-Government and management tasks of the beneficiary with high efficiency and in a timely manner;
- Revise and submit recommendations for the update of the E-Government and management requirements;
- Build up to skills for the objectives of the mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant shall effectively participate in capacity building efforts and development of and E-Management work in the MOE by recommending plans and drafting action programs that include specific projects and participate in their implementation. The expert shall:
- Perform initial SWOT function to assess the electronic management/IT readiness at the Ministry of Education;
- Assist in developing the goals, and the strategic plan of the electronic management in the Ministry of Education;
- Develop a framework to implement the e-management at the Ministry of Education;
- Identify the different components of the e-management according to the needs of the Ministry of Education. For example: Infrastructure requirements; MOE portal; Workflow system; Archiving system;
- Develop the technical specifications (RFP) needed for implementing e-management in the Ministry of Education;
- Develop a plan for the e-management implementation process in the Ministry of Education;
- Supervise the implementation process of the developed plans, programs and policies, and to ensure the accuracy of the implementation process;
- Supervise the implementation process of the e-management project.
- Evaluation report on the status quo of the E-management and E-Government applications;
- A report with executive recommendations with executable action programme to enhance the work of the beneficiary in accordance with the output of the evaluation report;
- Report on the capacities of the beneficiary's staff;
- Progress report approved by the UNDP Office and the beneficiary;
- Conduct relevant training as requested by beneficiary;
- Final report should include recommendations for future action.
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills;
- Consistently approaches work with a constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Remains calm and in control even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness and ability to deal with change.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in IR and electronic webs and nets or related disciplines.
- Significant experience in computer engineering or science.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.