EXPERT IN IT PROCESS RE-ENGINEERING - MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
|Application Deadline :||04-Jun-12|
|Additional Category||Millennium Development Goals|
|Type of Contract :||Other|
|Post Level :||Other|
|Languages Required :||
Arabic English |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||One Year|
The State of Kuwait, in coordination with UNDP, strives to enhance institutional capacities at various Government agencies in coordination with the General Secretariat of the Supreme Council for Planning and Development. In this context, the Ministry of Education (MOE) intends to recruit an expert to assist in developing a system for E-Management through IT Process Re-Engineering.
Objectives of the consultancy:
- Enhance capacity building efforts and development of E-Management skills needed at the beneficiary with an eye on reengineering the processes;
- Improve the E-Government tasks of the beneficiary with high efficiency and in a timely manner by introducing reengineering best practices;
- Revise and submit recommendations for the update of the E-Government and IT Process Re-Engineering requirements.
- Build up to skills for the objectives of the mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
The IT Process Re-Engineering consultant shall effectively participate in capacity building efforts and development of and E-Government applications in the MOE by recommending plans and drafting action programs that include specific projects and participate in their implementation. The expert shall:
- Perform an initial SWOT analysis to assess the BPM capabilities at the Ministry, and to identify staff's skills;
- Perform high-level assessment of the current IT infrastructure at the ministry of education to evaluate the readiness to provide the MOE e-services;
- Develop and implement the practical procedures that help to document the current business processes at the Ministry of Education;
- Study the current operations/ processes and create a map to transfer them into e-services;
- Analyze the processes and provide recommendations about process re-engineering;
- Conduct process re-engineering in cooperation with the MOE team;
- Design the e-services for the Ministry of Education with a complete workflow;
- Develop the technical specifications (RFP) needed for implementing e-management (Workflow requirements) at the Ministry of Education.
- Evaluation report on the status quo of the E-Government applications;
- A report with executive recommendations with executable action programme to enhance the work of the beneficiary in accordance with the output of the evaluation report through IT Process Re-Engineering;
- Report on the capacities of the beneficiary's staff;
- Progress report approved by the UNDP Office and the beneficiary;
- Conduct relevant training as requested by beneficiary;
- Final report should include recommendations for future action.
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills;
- Consistently approaches work with a constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Remains calm and in control even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness and ability to deal with change.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in computing and electronic webs and nets or related disciplines.
- Significant experience in computer engineering or science.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.