• Advanced degree in economics, international law, development studies, and/or gender studies and/or international relations, or similar;
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience;
• Previous training experience on public policies analysis and monitoring with gender perspective;
• In-depth knowledge of the policy development and budgeting processes in FYR Macedonia;
• Knowledge on local government policies specifically gender policies and legal frameworks.;
• Previous experience with development of advocacy materials for CSO;
• Experience on report writing;
• Demonstrated interest and/or experience in gender work;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team;
• Strong analytical, writing and communication skills in English and Macedonian;
• Good computer skills in Windows environment, knowledge of internet communications and command of MS Office applications (Power Point, Word, Excel).
Evaluation of Applicants:
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on a cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of the applicants’ qualifications and financial proposal. The award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
• having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Only the highest ranked candidates who would be found qualified for the job will be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Technical criteria – 70% of total evaluation – max 45 points:
Criteria A – Relevant education max points: 5
Criteria B – Expertise on GRB, gender mainstreaming and budgeting of public policies form a gender perspective max points: 15
Criteria C - Knowledge of budgeting processes max points: 10
Criteria D – Experience with adult learning and participatory training methods max points: 10
Criteria E – Knowledge of/previous experience in Macedonia and in the region of CSEE max points: 5
Duration and remuneration:
The duration of the contract is maximum 12 working days in the period 1 July – 15 September. The payment will be made upon satisfactory completion of all tasks in the assignment, and submission and approval by UN Women of final report.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online through this site no later than COB 11 June 2012.
The application should contain:
• Short Letter of interest, including financial proposal, indicating a total lump sum for the delivery of outputs as per above description. The financial proposal shall include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (consultancy fee per number of anticipated working days, travel and any other possible costs).
• Completed UN Women Personal History (P11) form, that can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment/
UN Women applies fair and transparent selection process that would take into account the competencies/skills of the applicants as well as their financial proposals.