Summary of Key Functions:
• Administration and implementation of procurement strategies
• Organization of procurement processes
• Control the UPPR Project Assets
• Organization of service requests for procurement on weekly, monthly and quarterly
• Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures administration and implementation of the procurement strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of UPPR procurement activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
• Apply UPPR Procurement business processes by mapping and application of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit.
• Preparation of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultation with office management.
• Provision of researched information for formulation and implementation of contract strategy and strategic procurement in the UPPR including tendering processes and evaluation, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, e-procurement introduction.
2. Organizes procurement processes for UPPR project focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and their implementation monitoring.
• Organization of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
• Review of procurement processes conducted by UPPR project; submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP).
• Liaison with UNDP Procurement Unit to ensure that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
• Presentation of researched information on procurement in the UPPR.
3. Ensures proper control of UPPR Assets focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Preparation of inventory reports.
• Implementation of Inventory and physical verification control in the UPPR project.
4. Ensures support to logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Support for organization of travel including purchase of tickets, DSA calculation, PO preparation; arrangement of shipments; vehicle maintenance; conference facilities arrangements.
• Timely input to DSA preparations and payments, Travel Agencies, vehicle maintenance, hotel and conference facilities surveys.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the UPPR Project focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Organization of trainings for UPPR operations staff on Procurement.
• Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
• Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results:
The key results have an impact on the overall UPPR efficiency in procurement management and success in establishment and implementation of operational strategies. Strategic approach to procurement, establishment and implementation of the monitoring and control system, timely and appropriate delivery of services, introduction of e-procurement ensure client satisfaction and overall timely delivery of UPPR projects.