||New York, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
|Application Deadline :||28-Jun-12|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||11 June 2012 - 31 October 2012|
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN-Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system, which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment: UNIFEM, DAW, OSAGI and INSTRAW.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Chief of Accounts, the Finance Consultant will provide the section with Accounting and Administrative support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconcile accounts receivable and investigate any balances greater than 30 days.
- Review all 2011 AP Vouchers and reverse all non-valid vouchers.
- Review all AP Vouchers from 1/1/12 to date and reverse all non-valid vouchers.
- Reconcile AP Voucher sub-ledger to general ledger.
- Clear outstanding Advances to Partners - Follow up with budget owners to get Certified Financial statements from Partners to record expenditure.
Asset management IPSAS module:
- Review and ensure that Disposals are correctly coded from 1/1/2012 to implementation date.
- Review and ensure that Purchases are correctly coded from 1/1/2012 to implementation date.
- Freight for assets from 1/1/2012 to implementation - manually add freight expense to asset cost in Asset Management module, from 1/1/2012 to implementation date.
- Review GL clearing account for asset addition and ensure it is at zero after Asset Management module interface, or reconcile any balances
- Receipt/Accrual IPSAS module
- Review all open receipts and close non-valid
- Review all open Purchase orders and close non-valid
- Reconcile various general ledger account codes as advised, investigating balances older than greater than 30 days
- Perform other duties as required
- Excellent organizational skills and sound judgment.
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to write and present information in a clear manner.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the unit and to take proactive steps.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of database packages, working experience in web based ERP financial systems (i.e. SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SUN etc.)
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Business or Public Administration desirable.
- Minimum of six years working in the UN and proficient in the use of ATLAS.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Click here for important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.