- Advanced university degree on journalism, social sciences, public relations, development studies, gender studies or similar.
• A minimum of 5 years expertise and demonstrated experience in the field of media and public relations;
• The expert should be author of publications and/or different articles in public media or other mediums and have experience and proven records in preparing reports, guidelines or similar;
• Solid analytical, writing and communication skills in both Macedonian and English;
• Familiar with gender and human rights messages and theories, publications or work on these areas would be considered an asset;
• Ability to work in an independent manner and organize the workflow efficiently;
• Strong analytical, writing and communication skills in English and Macedonian;
• Good computer skills in Windows environment, knowledge of internet communications and command of MS Office applications (Power Point, Word, Excel)
• Previous experience or familiarity with the UN system is considered an asset;
Evaluation of Applicants:
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on a cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of the applicants’ qualifications and financial proposal. The award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
• having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Only the highest ranked candidates who would be found qualified for the job will be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Technical criteria – 70% of total evaluation – max 35 points:
• Criteria A – Knowledge of local and regional context with regards to gender equality max points: 10
• Criteria B – Practical experience in producing publications and articles on human rights and gender equality for media or national/international organisations: max points: 15
• Criteria C– Relevant background (education and training in the field of media and gender equality): max points: 10
Duration and remuneration:
The duration of the contract is maximum 21 working days in the period 1 July – 15 September. The payment will be made upon satisfactory completion of all tasks in the assignment, and submission and approval by UN Women of final report.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online through this site no later than COB19 June 2012 and submit:
• Letter of interest for the position;
• Personal History Form (P11). Please follow the format available at http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment
and submit personal CV including past experience and contact details of referees;
• Financial proposal, specifying a total lump sum amount (in MKD) for the tasks specified in this announcement. The financial proposal shall include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (daily fee, number of anticipated working days, and/or any other possible costs).
Payments will be made only upon confirmation of UN Women on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner.
UN Women applies fair and transparent selection process that would take into account the competencies/skills of the applicants as well as their financial proposals.
UN WOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.