INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY INTERNSHIP (UNPAID)
|Application Deadline :||30-Jun-12|
|Type of Contract :||Internship|
|Post Level :||Intern|
|Languages Required :||
English French |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||3-6 months|
|The IT team acts as business owners for a range of systems and applications which enable collaboration and communication across the Office. The team provides a management, administration and support function for all IT processes and works with colleagues on their enhancement to meet current and future business needs.
Depending on the status of implementation of IT projects and the qualifications of the candidate, interns will be requested to assist as software developers, web designers, support and installation of Windows applications, configuration of IT equipment, networking and other relates IT tasks. The work carried out at UNDP RO in Brussels will be in compliance with their studies.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Information and Communication Intern will be part of the team supporting the IT initiatives in the Office.
The intern’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in supporting the end-users;
- Assist in working with internal users to resolve technical issues;
- Assist in testing new Application and Technologies;
- Assist in all aspects of SharePoint site development, including requirements gathering, creation of new sites and data input;
- Assist in designing and developing databases to support reporting efforts;
- Support end-user training;
- Other IT and Administrative tasks.
- Good understanding of web-based applications, and general collaborative environment concept;
- Good understanding of SQLs Server 2005/08, Windows Server 2003/08, and Active Directory ;
- Experience with SharePoint administration or SharePoint management or SharePoint Development;
- Experience working with databases;
- Experience with C#, ASPX, or other .NET technologies ;
- Exposure to SharePoint, HTML, CSS.
Required Skills and Experience
- Recently graduated or a current student (Undergraduate or Graduate Programmr) in Information Systems, Computer Science or related concentration.
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to five days a week for 6 months but we realize that this might not be possible and would try and find a flexible opportunity for the right candidate. In this case, we would require you to commit to a minimum of 20 hours each week on a set timetable as agreed by all parties.
If interested please send a duly completed "UNDP internship application form", your most recent resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To download UNDP Internship Application Form, please click here http://www.undp.org/internships/Application.doc Info UNDP Internship:
The internship within UNDP is unpaid and candidates must present proof of medical insurance coverage before starting the internship period. For more information about UNDP’s Internship Terms & Conditions, visit: http://www.undp.org/internships/.
For more info about UNDP Internship policy please visit http://www.undp.org/internships/
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.