ASSISTANT TO THE HEAD OF THE EXECUTIVE UNIT
|Application Deadline :||23-Jun-12|
|Additional Category||Crisis Prevention and Recovery|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-3|
|Languages Required :||
Arabic English |
|Duration of Initial Contract :||one year|
|After the Saada conflict, the Yemeni Government established the Executive Unit for Internally Displaced Persons. UNDP-Yemen was approached to support the Government of Yemen (GoY) in structuring, equipping and opertionalizing the Unit along with assisting in providing specialized Human resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the unit, maintenance of the calendar, contacts with high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Support with protocol matters, coordination with local and international authorities, on space and other administrative matters;
- Preparation of high quality briefing materials for supervisor for appointments, meetings, and missions;
- Preparation of informal translations of incoming and outgoing correspondences and follow up;
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of Minister for his signature and making follow-up when required;
- Coordinate, attend and report on meetings with UN Agencies and International authorities for the protection cluster;
- Coordinate with UN Agencies clusters specially Early Recovery, Shelter, WASH and concerned UN and other Agencies to ensure timely delivery of humanitarian & Recovery support;
- Perform any other tasks requested by the head of the unit in relation to Humanitarian Assistance and Coordination.
- Strong skills in analyzing agreements and reports;
- Flexibility to work with people with different values and ability to appreciate cultural differences;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc);
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Plans, prioritizes, and delivers tasks on time;
- An excellent team worker;
- Self-motivated and demonstrates a capacity to pursue personal development & learning;
- Focuses on results and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in Business or Public Administration or other related field.
- 6-8 years professional experience with international agencies.
- Instant translation ability;
- Fluency in Arabic and English both spoken and written;
- Excellent computer skills, in both English and Arabic.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.