EXPERT IN PLAN FOLLOW UP - AT THE OFFICE OF THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY GENERAL OF SCPD
|Application Deadline :||02-Jul-12|
|Type of Contract :||Other|
|Post Level :||Other|
|Languages Required :||
Arabic English |
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||One Year|
The State of Kuwait in coordination with UNDP is striving to enhance institutional efficiency in the Supreme Council for Planning and Development (SCPD) especially in improving performance and coping with myriad management and technical skills needed at the sector for Follow Up and Development Performance Assessment (Asst. Undersecretary- Follow Up and Development Performance Assessment). The SCPD called for an expert with expertise in IT and follow up systems to assist the staff at the office of the Assistant Secretary General for Follow Up and Development Performance Assessment in that respect.
- To contribute to the objectives of the sector for Follow Up and Development Performance Assessment akin to raising the efficiency of the human resources at the beneficiary.
- To draft an operational plan to develop the follow up system and improve its outcome.
- To ensure a workable road map for the sector capable of achieving its objectives in training.
- To explore new work system that would enhance process and avoid bottlenecks in application of procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant is required to:
- Develop an operational plan for training.
- Prepare and measure KPI's and follow up on the Plan implementation.
- Draft quarterly and yearly plan follow up reports.
- Train cadre in their respective expertise in the area KPI's and follow up measurements and assessment.
- Conduct research on issues related to the functions at the request of the beneficiary and introduce best practices.
- Beneficiary's training plan prepared.
- Provide a monthly progress report approved by the beneficiary.
- Prepare a detailed SWOT analysis report on the KPI's and follow up measurements and assessment with applicable and feasible recommendations.
- Prepare technical briefs and position papers upon the request of the beneficiary.
- Prepare training programme for the staff based upon the results the SWOT report.
- Prepare final report with recommendations for future actions.
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice.
- Awareness of the need for development and operational effectiveness.
- In depth knowledge and strong track record of using internationally oriented programs and instruments.
- Good understanding of the rules governing program management and implementation modalities as set by the beneficiary. This attribute is a plus.
- Ability to lead formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programs and projects.
- Strong communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- PhD in Economics with proven track record of research in developmental areas.
- Professional experience not less than 5 years in the field of economic analysis ( preparing measurement indicators).
- Extensive knowledge of indicators of follow up reports for development plans and Government action plans.
- Akin experience in GCC and Kuwait in particular is a plus.
- Advanced IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills (Arabic-English) is a must.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.