CONSULTANT (PPNE VERIFICATION EXERCISE)
||New York, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
|Application Deadline :||02-Jul-12|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||3 months|
In the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the Administrative Services Division (ASD) within Headquarters (HQ) in New York is entrusted with the oversight of all UNDP fixed assets. The Country Offices (CO) and HQ units are required to carry out a bi-annual physical verification exercise of existing fixed assets and reconcile the results with the asset-management module records within PeopleSoft (ATLAS).
ASD is seeking the services of three (3) consultants for three (3) months to assist with the 2012 HQ Mid-Year physical verification exercise, and to review and to reconcile CO submissions for the 2012 Mid-Year Property Plant and Equipment verification exercise. In addition to working on the verification and certification exercise, each consultant will also work on reviewing the accuracy of data in the asset registers to ensure that the property plant and equipment are in line with required IPSAS standards. Each consultant will report to the Operations Services Section Manager within ASD and be part of a wider team of staff involved in the bi-annual fixed-asset certification exercise review.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, Operations Services Section, each consultant will perform the following duties:
- Ensure that each CO and HQ unit submit the required documents for the property plant and equipment physical verification exercise, and that the results are reconciled to the records and the report is duly signed by the head of the office.
- Validate the physical verification documents submitted by COs and HQ units.
- Co-ordinate with CO and HQ asset focal points on the corrective action required when discrepancies are identified within the certification documents.
- Coach and train CO and HQ asset focal points through the process of resolution of identified errors.
- Ensure all appropriate documents in certification letters are uploaded in ASDs SharePoint site.
- Run reports from ERP system (ATLAS) to confirm the final physical verification certification.
- Prepare weekly status updates on the progress of certification.
- Prepare and analyze data for management reporting.
- Prepare the detailed information required for the bi-annual physical verification exercise management report.
- Review the asset registers for data quality and accuracy issues and work with business units to take corrective action.
- Timely delivery against certification deadlines.
- Weekly status reports.
- Certification exercise report.
- Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Displays open, co-operative behavior with other team members
- Remains calm and in control, and good humored even under pressure.
- Demonstrates respect and a clear interest in people by what he/she says and does.
Drive to Achieve Results
- Focuses on achieving results for external and internal clients.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School diploma.
- Good MS Excel skills.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years relevant working experience in fixed assets management (property, plan and equipment) or accounting.
- Previous experience within UNDP and familiarity with UNDP’s property plant and equipment recording and reconciliation process is an advantage.
- Working experience with ERP systems.
Click here for important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.