INTERNATIONAL SPECIALIST FOR INTERNAL POLICIES AND STANDARD OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES
||Dili, Timor Leste
|Application Deadline :||04-Jul-12|
|Additional Category||Democratic Governance|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||4 Months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||4 Months|
Timor-Leste has made positive strides to address the issues of corruption and accountability. The adoption by the National Parliament in 2009 of the law for the establishment of the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) is a positive indication of the Country’s commitment to strengthen accountability and combating corruption in Timor-Leste. This law provides the ACC with powers such as instigating and pursuing criminal investigations in corruption offences. Furthermore, the ACC is also mandated with raising awareness on issues related to anti-corruption.
The objective of this project (2011-2013) is two-fold: (1) to strengthen capacities for civic engagement and partnerships among the ACC and relevant civil society organizations; (2) to strengthen analytical capacity of the ACC for informed decision making and outreach on anti-corruption.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the SE asses effectiveness of the existing procedures on the overall ACC administrations and identify needs for further procedures.
- Assist the ACC on production and revision of internal policies, SOPs, code of conduct and other management and administration procedures.
- Present the findings on the internal policies, SOPs, code of conduct and other management and administration procedures to Commissioners, SE, Directores and other staff of ACC.
- Ensure implementation of the developed policies, SOPs, code of conduct and other management and administration by the staff.
- Provide necessary awareness trainings to ACC’s staff to ensure effective implementation of new systems and procedures in place.
- Perform any other task deemed appropriate to improve and strengthen the ACC’s institutional capacity and as assigned by the Secretary Executive and the Project Manager.
- Demonstrated knowledge of constitutional and/or public law is also an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to motivate people.
- Cross-cultural management experience and sensitivity.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Results-oriented and team player.
- Good organizational skills.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of Portuguese or/and Tetum or/and Bahasa Indonesia is an advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in management, public policy and administration and/or related field or equivalent; Master Degree is an advantage.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in institutional building, anticorruption related issues, public administration, and management.
- Relevant experience in developing procedures for public administration and/or good governance institutions.
- Experience in management and administration, as senior management and desirable in Anti-Corruption institutions or/ and relevant institutions.
- Experience working in developing country environment and specially in Timor-Leste is highly desirable.
- Experience working in developing country environment highly desirable.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.