NATIONAL CONSULTANT TO PREPARE PUBLICATION ON IMPLEMENTATION OF GENDER RESPONSIVE BUDGET’S ACTION PLAN IN FBIH 2010-2012 IN LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
||BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
|Application Deadline :||07-Jul-12|
|Additional Category||Women’s Empowerment|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1st August –15th November 2012 (10 working days)|
The UN Women Sub-regional Office for Central & South Eastern Europe is implementing a regional project titled “Promoting Gender Responsive Policies in South East Europe” (2011-2013) financed by Austrian Development Agency and UN Women.
The project aims at improving individual and collective capacities of governmental institutions, CSOs and parliamentarians in South East Europe (with particular focus on Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania and FYR Macedonia) on utilizing gender responsive budgeting as a tool to promote, implement and monitor policies and programmes in the employment and labor, social protection and social assistance and rural development sectors. By doing so the project strives to facilitate strengthening of women’s economic rights and improve social protection and social assistance policies and programmes.
In accordance with government priorities stated in the national and local plans and strategies, UN Women has been supporting government efforts (at national, entity and local level) in using GRB as a tool to advance gender equality and ensure that women’s needs are incorporated in policies and related budgets.
The Gender Centers of FBiH and Republic of Srpska have been leading the implementation of gender sensitive policies and gender responsive budgeting (hereinafter referred to as: GRB) within Entity level ministries in several selected sectors (labor and employment and agriculture). Their main responsibility is the implementation of the Gender Equality Law of BiH, adopted in 2003 and most recently amended in April 2010. In FBiH, Gender centre FBiH is coordinating the work of the Working Group for the Implementation of Gender Responsive Budgets in FBiH Action Plan in Labor and Employment 2010-2012 (hereinafter referred to as: the Action plan) which was adopted by the FBiH Parliament in June 2010. UN Women has been providing technical assistance for the the Working group, which will continue in the period of implementation of the Action Plan. This GRB initiative at the level of FBiH Government is considered pilot initiative and will be used as a model for wider GRB initiative at the FBiH level. Since the implementation of the Action Plan is in its final stage it’s important that these experiences are recorded in order to be used in the future. As such, a report and Publication on experiences and recommendations coming from implementation of the Action Plan (hereinafter referred to as: the Publication) are to be prepared.
In consideration of this, UN Women project office in BiH is looking for national consultant to:
• Prepare the Publication on Implementation of Gender Responsive Budgets Action Plan in FBiH 2010-2012 in Labour and Employment, in cooperation with the Coordinator for the Implementation of the Action Plan of the FBiH Gender centre;
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the overall supervision of the UN Women Project Office in BiH (National GRB Coordinator), and the GRB Regional Project Manager, the consultant will be responsible for the following:
- In close cooperation with the Coordinator for the Implementation of the Action Plan, prepare the methodology, content and format of the Publication. The proposed main chapters of the Publication will include:
a. Overview of the main GRB definitions (theory, concepts, including what it is and what it is not);
b. Key information on the Action Plan (background rationale, objectives and expected results);
c. Overview of the results and challenges in the implementation of the Action Plan by the years of implemenation and implementing institutions;
d. Recomendations and the next steps in GRB introduction in F BiH.
- In close cooperation with the Coordinator for the Implementation of the Action Plan and UN Women, prepare draft of the Publication on the Implementation of the Action Plan;
- After receiving comments from the Coordinator for the Implementation of the Action Plan and UN Women prepare final publication in Bosnian language;
Deliverables and schedule of activities:
The consultant will be expected to deliver the following:
No. Deliverables and key activities Indicative Timeline
- Work Plan consulted with and approved by the Gender centre FBiH and UN Women Project Officer August 15th
- Methodology for research components developed and approved by the Gender centre FBiH and UN Women September 1st
- Collecting all the information needed for the publication in close collaboration with the Coordinator for the implementation of the Action plan September 15th
- Draft Publication on Implementation of Action Plan for Implementation of Gender Responsive Budgets in FBiH 2010-2012 in Labor and Employment November 15th
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modelling UN values and ethical standards
- Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Knowledge and expertise in the application of gender responsive budgeting methodologies in policies and budgets,
- Knowledge on the progress of GRB implementation and activities in BiH,
- Knowledge of good practices of application of GRB tools for monitoring policies and advocacy in South East Europe and/or worldwide.
- Knowledge of policy development and budgeting process of BiH.
- Ability to interact, establish and maintain effective working relations with a culturally diverse team, both as a team member and as a team leader, to build trust, and to manage in a deliberate, transparent and predictable way.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with stakeholders and pro-activeness in identifying of beneficiaries and partners’ needs, and matching them to appropriate solutions.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in economics, international law, development studies, and/or gender studies and/or international relations, or similar.
- Experience in policy and/or budget analysis at national and local level of government.
- Experience in development and preparation of knowledge products and publications.
- Extensive knowledge of the BiH policy making at local level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Bosnian and English language.
Evaluation of Applicants:
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on a cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of the applicants’ qualifications, proposed methodology and financial proposal. The award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Only the highest ranked candidates who would be found qualified for the job will be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Technical criteria – 70% of total evaluation – max 70 points:
Criteria A – Relevant education max points: 20
Criteria B – Expertise in research related to gender issues, gender responsive budgeting, public finance, gender mainstreaming, public policy, economics, or related fields: 25
Criteria C – Experience with development and preparation of knowledge products and publications max points: 25
Financial Evaluation (30%) - Total points 30
TOTAL - 100 points
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals receive points in inverse proportion.
A suggested formula is as follows:
p = 30 (μ/z)
p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
μ = price of the lowest priced proposal
z = price of the proposal being evaluated
Interested candidates are requested to apply online through this site no later than 7th July COB. The application should contain:
- Cover letter explaining the applicant’s interest in applying for the position.
- Filled P11 form including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees (blank form can be downloaded from: http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment/); please upload the P11 instead of your CV!
- Financial Proposal* - specifying a total lump sum amount in Bosnian Konvertible Marks (BAM) or the tasks specified in this announcement. The financial proposal shall include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (number of anticipated working days, travel, per diems and any other possible costs).
UN Women applies fair and transparent selection process that would take into account the competencies/skills of the applicants as well as their financial proposals.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.