DATABASE AND WEB SPECIALIST - (I-PSM) IRAQ
||Amman- Jordan with travels to Baghdad/ Erbil-Iraq
|Application Deadline :||03-Jul-12|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||
Arabic English |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||12 Months|
- All necessary information including Complete Terms of Reference, Selection Criteria, and Annexes are found on the following link under Procurement Notice Number IC-055/12:
- Proposals should be submitted to the following e-mail address no later than COB 3rd July 2012:
- Applicants should download the application documents (presented in compressed file) from the previously mentioned link for UNDP Iraq – Procurement notice web site, complete and sign them, and send the scanned copies to the email account above by or before the deadline of this post.
- Applications with NO financial offer or missing P11 form or the required documents for the technical evaluation will NOT be considered for evaluation.
- It is preferable to use Annex 3 for submitting a financial offer instead of another format for the ease of comparison of the received offers.
- All the necessary information for this post (TOR, Deliverables, Target dates, etc. are presented in the procurement notice documents) therefore, applicants MUST download it to apply for this post.
- DO NOT send only CV to the Email account mentioned above WITHOUT Annex 1, 2, 3, 4, Cover Letter and Methodology (If Requested) as it will considered as incomplete application.
The Iraq - Public Sector Modernisation programme (I-PSM), a multi-agency UN joint programme, supports the Government of Iraq (GoI) efforts to develop an effective, efficient, and responsive public sector through an administration-wide reform strategy and pilot implementation in three key service sectors: health, education and water & sanitation (WATSAN) and through supporting system-wide reform in gender, e-governance, national statistics and development management; and finally supporting local governance initiatives.
Lessons learned from Phase I of the I-PSM programme showed that a "comprehensive knowledge management system will benefit the joint programme’s efforts in creating awareness and knowledge and information sharing". In addition, GoI has identified Knowledge Management (KM) as an important component within the I-PSM.
The KM component ensures that the institutional arrangements and technical infrastructure required for the establishment and operationalisation of KM at national level takes place and to lay the foundation for a roll out at sub-national level. The Directorate of Public Administration and Reform (DPAR) at the Central region shall be used to pilot the development and implementation of a KMS with the collaboration of the Ministry of Planning (MoP) and Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST) and the Kurdistan MoP as key partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
The UNDP is recruiting a Database & Web Specialist to provide support to GoI in establishing the institutional framework for developing and operationalising a Knowledge Management System (KMS). In addition, he will be working on several projects including: capacity building for the Iraqi Government such as development of the Central Statistical Office (CSO) and Kurdistan Region Statistics Office (KRSO) websites. Technical support to the United Nations Country Team (UNCT) on all related to Knowledge Management (KM) matters.
Scope and expected outputs:
- Assess the readiness of DPAR & partner organisation(s) for Knowledge Management.
- Train DPAR KM Team in KM assets, lessons learned, experiences and best practices.
- Assess the IT infrastructure of DPAR and propose the requisite hardware and software needed for developing a KMS.
- Build capacity in KM Team in database programming, data structuring to assist in developing the KMS.
- Develop a training programme and manual for training DPAR staff in database programming, data cleaning, compiling and data structuring
- Conduct trainings through workshops, mentoring and face to face
- Train DPAR staff in operationalising the web based KM system.
- Develop a KMS operational manual
- Train DPAR staff in operating the KMS
- Technical support to UNCT
- Technical support to UNCT on KM related matters.
- Capacity building for the Iraqi Government in KM readiness
- Kurdistan Regional Statistical Office (KRSO) website:KRSO has requested IAU to assist on redesigning and restructuring the KRSO website. The new website needs to be based on CMS for grater usability and administration and should be in English, Arabic and Kurdish. A travel to Erbil will be needed to train KRSO staff on website development techniques using PHP.
- Technical support to Council of Representatives: Research Directorate of the Council of Representatives has requested several training sessions for their information management staff on web development techniques using PHP. A travel to Baghdad will be needed.
In addition to any other request by the head of the IAU.
Deliverables and outputs:
While UNDP will be responsible for the logistic costs of the participants. The Consultant Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, is requested to produce for the following deliverables:
- KM Readiness report of DPAR & partner organisations.
- Number of DPAR staff trained in assessing lessons learned, experiences and best practices for KM gathering.
- IT infrastructure for KM report.
- Members of KM Team trained in database programming, data structuring.
- Write the KMS operational Manual.
- DPAR staff & KM Team trained how to run KMS.
- Technical support to UNCT on KM.
- Kurdistan Regional Statistical Office (KRSO) website.
- Central Office for Statistics (CSO) website.
- Technical support to Council of Representatives.
|Key Performance Indicators during implementation of Services:|
- Appropriate Knowledge Management strategic plan based on employee skills and knowledge Competencies.
- Number and quality of knowledge networks developed & operationlised.
- Concept paper with GoI comments & suggestions for improvement.
- Actions required for extending Knowledge Management country-wide.
- Professionalism – Demonstrated professional competence in carrying out assignments; Sound knowledge and practical experience in use of computerized systems applicable to information networks. Excellent knowledge of information technologies used for the storage, retrieval and dissemination of information and information sources.
- Planning and Organizing: Demonstrated effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Technological Awareness - In depth knowledge and experience of relevant technology and its applications to knowledge management, information management and information systems.Commitment to Continuous Learning – Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in the field.
- Communication – Demonstrate ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally. Ability to prepare reports including progress reports and briefing notes.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with full respect for diversity. Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Customer relations: Strong client focus and ability to manage client expectations and create trusting relations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (M.Sc) in Computer Science or other closely related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience working in the field of database and website development.
- Previous working experience with UNDP or other UN agencies is considered as advantage.
- Fluency in English both written and oral.
- Arabic language would be an asset.
Documents to be included when submitting the Proposal:
(Which will include the following):
- Signed Template Confirmation of Interest and Submission of Financial Proposal. (Please use Annex 1);
- A letter explaining why he/she considers himself/herself the most suitable candidate for the work;
- Personal CV including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references. Please Use the attached CV Form – Annex 2 attached. UNDP-Iraq reserves the right to disqualify any of CVs who are not compliant with the requested form.
The financial proposal will specify a total lump sum amount and payment terms around specific and measurable (qualitative and quantitative) deliverables. Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the TOR. A breakdown of this lump sum amount is to be provided by the IC candidate. Total Fees: Please use Annex 3 – Financial proposal form.
All necessary information including: Complete Terms of Reference, The Selection Criteria, and Annexes are found on the following link under Procurement Notice Number IC-055/12:
Proposals should be submitted to the following e-mail address no later than COB 3rd July 2012:
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.