|Application Deadline :||05-Jul-12|
|Additional Category||Women’s Empowerment|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||
Arabic English |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One month|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||One month|
Following the constitutional amendment of September 29, 2011 in Jordan, an Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) was established to oversee and manage all stages of the parliamentary elections and any other elections as decided by the Council of Ministers. It is expected that parliamentary elections will be held by the end of 2012 and be supervised by the IEC.
UNDP Jordan, with the support of UNDP’s Global Programme for Electoral Cycle Support, is implementing a project to that would provide technical assistance for the IEC. Accordingly, UNDP is seeking to recruit a Gender Advisor in the Individual Contract (IC) modality to support specific activities in the project as indicated below.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is a short term consultancy assignment that includes travel to Jordan and daily work with the IEC for one month. Remuneration shall be paid upon submission of a final report stipulating tasks and achievements. The report will be submitted to the SEA then certified by UNDP Country Office. The advisor will be located at the IEC and work on daily basis with the relevant departments. The SEA will manage this assignment, ensure both IEC and UNDP are informed of progress and address any issues arising.
The Gender Advisor will work directly with the designated departments at the IEC and under the supervision of the Senior Electoral Advisor (SEA). Below are the activities to be undertaken by the Gender Advisor:
- Support the IEC in developing a gender strategy addressing both its external engagements and its internal policies;
- Support the IEC in developing gender-sensitive recruitment and staffing policies and practices;
- Assist the IEC’s Political Parties Liaison Council in developing strategies and materials for use by parties and independent candidates in promoting the full political engagement of women as voters, party members and leaders, and candidates.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in political science, sociology, organizational development, business administration, or related fields.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience, preferably including international experience; experience in Middle East / North Africa strongly preferred
- Fluency in Arabic, including excellent oral and written communications skills; strong working knowledge of English.
Interested candidates must apply by through this website. In addition, the following documents must be submitted by email to: email@example.com no later than 5 July 2012
- One page technical proposal should address the tasks described in this terms of reference with reference to previous work experience and successes
- Financial proposal: detailing a breakdown of daily fees, travel costs, and other work related costs incurred including local travel in Jordan
Applications will be evaluated based on a cumulative analysis taking into consideration the combination of the applicants’ qualifications and financial proposal as follows:
Technical Criteria – 70% of total evaluation – max. 70 points:
- Academic and professional background – 10 points max
- Experience in international development – 10 points max
- Technical expertise and demonstrated technical competencies – 30 points max
- Experience in similar assignments – 20 points max
Financial Criteria – 30% of total evaluation – maximum 30 points.
Only the highest ranked candidates who would be found qualified for the job will be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.