ASSET VERIFICATION LOCAL CONSULTANT
||Juba, SOUTH SUDAN
|Application Deadline :||04-Jul-12|
|Additional Category||Democratic Governance|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||2 months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||2 months|
|Interested candidates should apply by sending their Letter of Interest and CV (preferably United Nations Personal History Form (P.11 Form) to email@example.com or in a sealed envelope marked Confidential with the title of the position at UNDP Office in Juba by latest 4 July 2012.
All applicants must provide their Financial Proposal, lump sum with a break down, all inclusive taking into consideration their consultancy fees, travel costs, accommodation, communications, insurance and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services under the Individual Contracts.
In support of overall management and control of expendable and non-expendable UNDP assets, administer effective disposal of assets and subsequent renewal of inventory data; there is need to conduct an independent inventory to verify all UNDP Assets including UNDP Project assets.
The consultant will work independently but in close consultation with the Asset Management Associate in the Common Services Unit. The consultant will provide a report showing the status of all UNDP assets and recommendation on the conditions of assets that will require disposal.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Asset Verification Consultant will work in the Common Service Unit performing the following tasks:
Functions/key results expected
Summary of key functions:
- Physical verification of all the assets at UNDP offices, residential compounds and the Projects offices.
- Report all the missing and unfound assets.
- In close consultation with the Asset Management Associate, identify and recommend all assets that need to be disposed due to their conditions either damaged or very old.
- Any other related duties that may be deemed necessary.
Physical verifications of Assets
- All assets must be physically verified.
- The verified assets must be compared to the Atlas report or project Asset Register and project expenditure report.
- Prepare a report after the physical verification showing all the assets available, their status, locations and custody.
- Physically verify the list of UNDP assets and that for the projects which are stock at UNDP office compound store.
The Scope of work:
- The assets to be verified are vehicles, laptops, printers, scanners, photocopy machines and various furniture and equipments. These items are located at UNDP office in Juba, residential compounds and some are located in the ten states in South Sudan.
- The asset verification work will be done at UNDP Juba office and in other project offices around Juba. The verification of assets will also be conducted in the field offices. This will include travelling to the nine states: Jonglei State - Bor, Eastern Equatoria State - Torit, Western Equatoria State - Yambio, Northern Bahar El Ghazal State - Aweil, Western Bahar El Ghazal State - Wau, Warap State - Kwajok, Upper Nile State - Malakal, Unity State – Bentiu and Lakes States – Rumbek. In the state there are few assets that vary from state to state. Vehicles in each state may vary from three to six, laptops are between four or five and different other assets like two printers and photocopier in each state.
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
- Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position (asset management)
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current asset guidelines and tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the methodology: Lowest price and technically compliant offer.
The award of a contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as both:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable (fully meeting the ToR).
- Offering the lowest price/cost.
- Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% of required total points under technical evaluation would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Criteria Weight Max. Point
Technical 100% 10
Relevant educational background 50% (5)
Practical experience relevant to the announced TOR 30% (3)
A solid experience in Asset verification 20% (2)
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- At least four (4) years experience in general office responsibilities and procedures.
- Must be computer literate.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.