PROJECT COORDINATOR (YEMENI NATIONALS ONLY)
|Application Deadline :||18-Jul-12|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-4|
|Languages Required :||
Arabic English |
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One year (renewable)|
|The main objective of the project is to empower the participants of the National Dialogue in general and youth organizations in particular by improving their capacity to assess the situation of young women and men, develop effective solutions at the national and local levels to address the identified needs, and evaluate the quality and impact of political and legislative measures, programmes and projects implemented by various actors and designed to improve the situation of youth.
The National Project Coordinator will be recruited by the UNDP in accordance with Direct Execution rules and regulations (DEX). He/She will be responsible for day-to-day, timely and effective running of the project.
The following activities will be undertaken by the National Project Coordinator (NPC) for routine management of the project:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop detailed project annual implementation/work plan in consultation with UNDP. In this work plan, the duration of different activities along with designation of responsibilities with specific results for each activity will be specified.
- Facilitate timely implementation of all activities envisaged under the project.
- Establish functional linkage with the stakeholders with respect to project activities.
- Establish network and contacts with UNDP resources in the youth sector and other international sources
- Monitor the progress of the project against the workplan and prepare monthly progress reports, annual project reports as set out in the Project Document.
- Make timely arrangement for monitoring visits, Reviews, and evaluations if considered required.
- Assist in providing guidance to the National Observatory teams implementing the various components and activities of the project.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills essential.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel) and Internet use.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate services / goods.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work, multitask and respond to short deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple partners and multi site projects.
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills required.
- Efficient storage and organization of documents.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and experience:
- A Master Degree preferably in project management with 5 years of relevant experience.
- A Bachelors Degree with 10 years of relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of the Master Degree.
- Excellent command of the English and Arabic languages.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.