EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO COUNTRY DIRECTOR (FOR LIBYAN CITIZENS ONLY)
|Application Deadline :||21-Jul-12|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||GS-6|
|Languages Required :||
Arabic English |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One year|
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Country Director, the Executive Assistant ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Country Director’s office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
The Executive Assistant works in close collaboration with Front Office, Programme and Operations teams, UN Agencies and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas.
Duties and Responsibilities
1.Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Country Director’s office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Management of the Country Director’s office, ensuring an environment of professionalism and teamwork at all times, and setting exemplary standards of conduct for the CO team;
- Efficient and discreet management of the Country Director’s schedules;
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings; preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues; follow-up with focal points;
- Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for supervisor’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff; wherever possible;
- Adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines by CO team when communicating with Government and other external partners;
- Use of automated office management system.
2. Ensures provision of effective communications and administrative support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system;
- Coordination of the information flow in the office and dissemination of corporate and interoffice communication to staff as required;
- Facilitation of information sharing with Programme and Operations Teams;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the Country Director;
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested, translations when required;
- Administration of travel, meetings, appointments and briefings of Country Director, Including drafting of background notes;
- Maintenance of Teams’ status reports, best practices, lessons learned, publishing on section intranet and compiling of information for resource mobilization and communications officers;
- Support to organization of advocacy events if required.
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Organization of trainings for UNDP staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues.
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management Core Competencies:
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education
- Specialized secretarial training or office management
- 5 years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Excellent writing skills in English and Arabic
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.