SECURITY ADVISOR ASSISTANT - OPEN TO DJIBOUTI NATIONALITY ONLY
||REPUBLIC OF DJIBOUTI, DJIBOUTI
|Application Deadline :||26-Jul-12|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||GS-5|
|Languages Required :||
Arabic English French |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 YEAR RENEWAL|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||1 YEAR|
Under the guidance and supervision of the Security Advisor the Assistant promotes a collaborative with UN staff supports and interface between UNDSS and UN Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Efficient and discreet management of the SA schedules
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings; preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues; follow-up with focal points.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for supervisor’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff; wherever possible.
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested, translations when required;
- Administration of travel, meetings, appointments and briefings of SA
- Update the Security Contact Parteners List of interior and exterior
- Any others task given by supervisor
- Create requisition for purchase for UNDSS
- Contact vendors for the submission of offers
- Tracking of UNDSS office equipment stocks
- Monitoring of expenditures for UNDSS
- Preparation UNDSS office inventory
- Perform control payments of bills for purchases of UNDSS supplies and consumables
- Prepare financial data for estimates of expenditure and budget planning for the UNDSS for the following year
- Collaboration with UNDP’s finance service on matters related to financial reporting and direct payments
- Assist the supervisor on all aspects related to control of the Common Service security budget by reporting to him on the state of finances, procedures and expenditures
- Charge of the UNDSS vehicles maintenance.
Managerial and learning Competencies :
- Demonstrates commitment to DSS’s mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Functional Competencies :
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2-4 years of relevant workind exprience
LANGUAGES REQUIREMENTS :
- Fluency in wirtten and speaking in French and English
- Fluency in the national language of the duty station
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.