Qualifications and experiences:
- Graduate degree in gender studies, sociology, political sciences, interdisciplinary studies, education or other field related to youth, gender and education.
- At least 5 years experience working on issues related to education or youth activism with a strong focus on gender equality issues.
- Practical and theoretical experience in peer education as well as experience in formal or non formal education
- Experience working with women and youth civil society organizations.
- Experience and active involvement in human rights and gender related projects
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Experience in editing publications.
Evaluation of applicants:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants’ qualifications and financial proposal. Contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive to and compliant with the ToR; and
- Having received the highest score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
- Technical Evaluation (70%) - Total points 70 (Relevant education - 15 points, Relevant experience - 45 points, Language – 10)
- Financial Evaluation (30%) - Total points 30
- TOTAL - 100 points
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals receive points in inverse proportion.
A suggested formula is as follows:
p = 30 (μ/z)
p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
μ = price of the lowest priced proposal
z = price of the proposal being evaluated
Interested candidates are requested to apply online through this site no later than 31st July 2012 COB.
The application should contain:
- Cover letter explaining the applicant’s interest in applying for the position.
- Filled P11 form including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees (blank form can be downloaded from: http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment/); please upload the P11 instead of your CV!
- Financial Proposal* - specifying a total lump sum amount in US Dollars for the tasks specified in this announcement.
Please note that failure to submit P.11 form will result in automatic exclusion of the application from selection process. UN Women applies fair and transparent selection process that would take into account the competencies/skills of the applicants as well as their financial proposals.
Payments will be made only upon confirmation of UN Women on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner.