- Master’s degree in law, public administration or a related field or Diploma from Border Guard/Police Academy complemented with minimum 8 years of relevant working experience and specialized training.
- Experience as national or international law enforcement official or civil servant of an EU Member State or EU institution.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of previous experience in border control issues.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Russian, Romanian and/or Ukrainian is an asset.
- Computer literacy (Windows applications). Experience with data analysis and research software.
- National certificate of no criminal record.
Long-listed applications will be going through a desk review and further technical interview of short-listed candidates. The following methodology will be used for evaluation:
- Educational background (10 - Master's degree; 5-University degree; 5 - in case of lower academic background (Border Guard/Police Academy or similar institution), it shall be complemented with minimum 8 years of relevant working experience.) - 10 points max;
- National certificate of no criminal record - 10 points max;
- Language Skills (8 - only Eng; 2 - only Russian) - 10 points max;
- Interview (50 - technical knowledge and relevant experience; 10 - communication/interpersonal skills; 10- motivation) - 70 points max;
- Total Score 100 points
The application obtaining the highest score will be considered as the most compliant offer and will be awarded a contract.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.undp.org.ua/en/vacancies.
Interested individuals must submit their applications online through UNDP Online Recruitment System. Applicants must submit P11 form instead of CV, however, CV could be submitted optionally, in addition to P11 form.
To submit your application online, please follow the steps below:
- Download, complete and sign P11 form;
- Merge your P11 and/or CV, reference letters or any other relevant documents into a single file; Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment.
- Click on the Job Title;
- Click "Apply Now" button, fill in necessary information on the first page and then click "Submit Applications";
- Upload your application;
- You will receive an automatic response to your email confirming the receipt of your application by the system.
Applications without the completed P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. Failure to disclose prior employment or making false representations on this form will be grounds for withdrawal of further consideration of his/her application or termination, where the appointment or contract has been issued.
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is a further interest. Applications may only be submitted for a specific vacancy. We regret that we will not be able to acknowledge all unsolicited general applications.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.