UN WOMEN: PROGRAMME ASSOCIATE - OPEN TO KAZAKHSTAN NATIONALS ONLY
|Application Deadline :||05-Aug-12|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-3|
|Languages Required :||
English Russian |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 year (renewable)|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||1 year (renewable)|
Since early 2000, UN Women (previously as UNIFEM) has been supporting and developing innovative and catalytic initiatives promoting women’s economic, political and social rights in 12 countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Its programmes and projects in the sub-region focus on several key themes, including securing women’s economic rights, ensuring women’s political participation in times of peace and conflict and promoting violence-free society. To-date in each of these areas UN Women’s support and work in the sub-region has led to significant results.
In support to current development work in the sub-region, UN Women Sub-regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA SRO) is looking for the Programme Associate who will provide assistance to Programme Unit in implementing effective Strategic Plan of the SRO to ensure high-level programming support to countries and to increase the standing and awareness of UN Women with partners, the media and the public. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the field and UN Women HQs staff for resolving complex programme-related issues and information flow. The Programme Associate promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UN Women/UNDP rules and regulations and committed to high standards of quality, productivity and timeliness in the delivery of tasks, and to team-building and team-work.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under guidance and supervision of Programme Specialist of the EECA SRO, Programme Associate ensures implementation of programmes/projects and supportive communication and knowledge management strategies and is responsible for:
1. Ensures implementation of UN Women EECA SRO programmes/projects focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for preparation of CCA, UNDAF and other analytical processes, effective application of RBM tools and establishment of management targets;
- Implementation of the SRO partnerships and resource mobilization strategies;
- Maintain contacts with national/international partners, UN agencies, donors, NGOs, government structures etc.;
- Prepare background material for meetings, discussions and other events;
- Collect information, data and other materials in preparing programme/project reports, factsheets;
- Prepare reports, TORs, concept notes and other documents;
- Assist in providing technical support to development of project documents and to implementing the projects;
- Initiation of projects, preparation of required budget revisions;
- Provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources.
2. Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of SRO programme activities (workshops, conferences, etc.);
- Prepare requests for vouchers and ensure proper control of the supporting documents for payments according to the UN Women/UNDP internal rules and procedures;
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted;
- Organize and coordinate EECA SRO events, high level conferences, press events, maintaining day-to-day good relations with the national partners and media in the sub-region.
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the SRO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of SRO tacit knowledge storage and usage (common file sharing system, intranet, etc.);
- Creation and update of SRO expert database;
- Provide substantive inputs in preparing UN Women knowledge products, press releases and other strategic exercises;
- Update content management, and regular update of the UN Women sub-regional Website and Intranet in close cooperation with Programme Unit.
4. Provide facilitation of communication activity:
- Assist in increasing UN Women EECA SRO visibility;
- Assist in organizing/conducting UN Women EECA promotional activities as well as in preparedness/dissemination promo materials among different organizations.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN's values and ethical standard;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN Women;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Proven ability to manage "smart" business solutions in challenging environments and work independently;
- Proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities, grasping the situation quickly.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in social science;
- Proficiency in English and Russian.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience, preferably in the area of human rights/development;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.
All online applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/P_11_form_UNwomen.doc.
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.