Core values and Guiding principles:
Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ethics and Values:
Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
Development and Innovation:
Take charge of self-development and take initiative
Work in teams:
Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Communicating and Information Sharing:
Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication
Self-management and Emotional Intelligence:
Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others
Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge
Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making:
Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making
- Ability to interact and coordinate with diverse partners and stakeholders at national, regional and global levels
- Demonstrate networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to deal with multiple constituencies
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities as well as conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with and relate to people of different cultures
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills