SOCIAL MEDIA/COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
||New York, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
|Application Deadline :||30-Jul-12|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||5 months|
UNDP’s Office of Communications is the lead for communications. It provides policy guidance and develops and implements global communications strategies to reach the media and other key constituencies with UNDP’s core messages.
The Online Communications team is responsible for expanding and enhancing UNDP’s global multi-lingual online presence.
Reporting to the Chief, Online Communications, the Community Management consultant will be responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating digital, social media and civic engagement initiatives for UNDP’s key online audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will specifically be called upon to support UNDP’s Social Media Officer in the following areas:
- Positioning of UNDP and its experts on leading digital media platforms;
- Daily management of UNDP’s online communities, including drafting and editing social media content such as information-based graphics and strategic placement as well as engaging with UNDP’s online audience;
- Enhance, grow and monitor UNDP’s presence on global social networks;
- Initiate, maintain and enhance social media campaign specific pages on UNDP’s website;
- Design, implement and measure UNDP’s social networking strategy and global outreach campaigns for special events;
- Identify and develop creative opportunities to increase awareness of UNDP and its priority areas;
- Provide support and advice to colleagues on the use of social media;
- Develop organization-wide social media standards for social media and training material;
- Monitor trends in using social media for outreach initiatives and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media at UNDP;
- Work collaboratively with other UN organizations to leverage social networks to enhance UNDP’s mission;
- Provide, on a needs basis, support on internal UNDP messaging.
- Improved and enhanced visibility of UNDP’s core issues on leading digital and social media platforms, especially regarding flagship events such as: The International Day for Poverty Eradication (October 2012); Launch of the 2012 Human Development Report (November 2012); The Match against Poverty (December 2012);
- UNDP well positioned among other innovative partners and players using social media for development.
- UNDP-wide increased capacity in using social networks for advocacy.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Strong initiative-taker;
- Very effective at multi-tasking;
- Focuses on impact and results for the client.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated understanding of effective social media outreach and monitoring;
- Proven ability to design and implement global social networking campaigns;
- Demonstrated experience in speedy quality writing and creating compelling online content;
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining online communities;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of digital media & web editing / production, especially the blogosphere;
- Excellent English writing and editing skills;
- Proven networking skills and ability to interact with staff at all levels, including senior management;
- Graphic design capabilities are a strong asset;
- Experience in using web content management systems;
- Familiarity with UNDP and UN system is an asset;
- Familiarity with and strong interest in development issues is desirable.
- Advanced university degree in Design, Media, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Digital Communications Marketing or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in digital media, communications or advocacy;
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is helpful but not mandatory. Experience in the usage of computers and design packages.
- Proficiency in English; fluency in at least one other UNDP working language (French, Spanish) a very strong asset.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSALS (INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED):
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Proposal explaining why they are the most suitable for the work, drawing on their knowledge and previous experience
- P11 or Personal CV and at least 3 references.
- Financial proposal specifying the daily fee, which should include all related expenses including related benefits and insurance. All envisaged travel costs must be included in the financial proposal as a separate line.
In the case of unforeseen travel, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed. Shortlisted candidates will be assessed using the combined scores of their written test and the technical interview detailed as follows:
Written Test: 70 points
35 points for quality of writing and ability to create compelling online content
35 points for demonstrated understanding of effective social media outreach, strategies and monitoring
Interview: 30 points
15 points for demonstrated professional experience in community management
15 points for demonstrated professional experience in designing and implementing global communication campaigns
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Cumulative analysis will be used in the overall evaluation which includes both the financial and technical components. When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) Responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
* Technical Criteria weight: 70%
* Financial Criteria weight: 30%
General Terms and Conditions for Individual Contracts: http://www.undp.org/procurement/operate.shtml#_Conditions_of_Contract
Click here for important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.