|Application Deadline :||26-Jul-12|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||
Arabic English |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||4 Months|
- All necessary information including Complete Terms of Reference, Selection Criteria, and Annexes are found on the following link under Procurement Notice Number IC-062/12:
- Proposals should be submitted to the following e-mail address no later than COB 26th July 2012:
- Applicants should download the application documents (presented in compressed file) from the previously mentioned link for UNDP Iraq – Procurement notice web site, complete and sign them, and send the scanned copies to the email account above by or before the deadline of this post.
- Applications with NO financial offer or MISSING P11 form or the required documents for the technical evaluation will NOT be considered for evaluation.
- Applications WITHOUT Annex 3 for submitting a financial offer instead of other format for the ease of comparison of the received offers.
- All the needed information for this post (TOR, Deliverables, Target dates, ...etc are presented in the procurement notice documents) therefore, applicant MUST download it to apply for this post.
- DO NOT send only CV to the Email account mentioned above WITHOUT Annex1, 2, 3, 4, Cover Letter and Methodology (If Requested) as it will considered as incomplete application.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Iraq has recently finalized its first Country Programme Document (CPD), 2011 – 2014. The CPD is based on the priorities and challenges identified in the 2009 Common Country Assessment (CCA) and the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) for 2011 – 2014. It is also fully aligned with the Government of Iraq’s National Development Plan (NDP) for 2010-2014 and the UNDP Strategic Plan.
With the implementation of the CPD and the development of CPAP, UNDP Iraq will be expected to take on a much more active communications strategy. In the second half of 2012, an array of communications materials for UNDP Iraq’s programmes will be produced.
Under the direct supervision of the Communications Specialist and under the guidance of the Country Director, the Graphics Designer will be responsible for providing support to the finalization of UNDP Iraq’s communication products and preparing them for publication and in other media.
Duties and Responsibilities
The work of the consultant will largely focus on designing material in preparation for the UNDP Iraq Communications Unit and for publication in other media. It is expected that the Consultant will be responsible for designing, formatting, lay-out and proofing of new Communication materials.
The impact of the results will be:
Produce documents; hard copies of finalised UNDP Iraq communications tools, supporting outreach efforts for donors and the public
Deliverables and outputs:
While UNDP will be responsible for the logistic costs of the participants. The Consultant Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, is requested to produce for the following deliverables:
- Formatting of Country Programme Document in Arabic (A4, roughly 40 pages). Designing, formatting, lay-out and finalizing of a Country Programme Document Brochure (short booklet, roughly 30 pages and in A4 landscape).
- Designing, formatting, lay-out and finalizing of a coffee table Booklet for UNDP Iraq activities (short booklet, roughly 30 pages and A4 landscape).
- Designing, formatting, lay-out and finalizing of a UNDP calendar for 2013. Designing, formatting, lay-out and finalizing large booklet/report for UNDP Iraq projects (roughly 100 pages, A4 size)
Key Performance Indicators during implementation of Services:
- Design, formatting and lay-out of communication products in accordance to specifications
- Provide technical support communication unit - UNDP Iraq.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; and tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
- Teamwork - Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others.
- Planning and organization - Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
- Technological Awareness - Keeps abreast of available technology and shows willingness to learn new technology for execution of responsibilities.
Required Skills and Experience
- University BA in Information Technology, Graphic Design or related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in Information technology or graphic design. Experience in all Adobe Programmes such as; Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Fluency in English both written and oral.
- Fluency in Arabic both written and oral.
Documents to be included when submitting the Proposal:
(Which will include the following):
- Signed Template Confirmation of Interest and Submission of Financial Proposal. (Please use Annex 1);
- A letter explaining why he/she considers himself/herself the most suitable candidate for the work;
- Personal CV including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references. Please Use the attached (P11 Form Only) CV Form – Annex 2 attached. UNDP-Iraq reserves the right to disqualify any of CVs who are not compliant with the requested form.
The financial proposal will specify a total lump sum amount and payment terms around specific and measurable (qualitative and quantitative) deliverables. Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the TOR. A breakdown of this lump sum amount is to be provided by the IC candidate. Total Fees: Please use Annex 3 – Financial proposal form.
All necessary information including: Complete Terms of Reference, The Selection Criteria, and Annexes are found on the following link under Procurement Notice Number IC-062/12:
Proposals should be submitted to the following e-mail address no later than COB 26th July 2012:
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.