|Application Deadline :||05-Aug-12|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SC-3|
|Languages Required :||
Arabic English |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
Under the guidance and supervision of the Programme Assistant and the overall guidance of the Project Manager, the Driver/Protocol Clerk provides reliable and safe driving services to UNODC staff and assist in all Protocol matters ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver/Protocol Clerk provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Driver/Protocol Clerk works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the Country Office (CO) and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Assist the Programme Assistant in the preparations of entry visas for incoming staff and visitors to the CO
- Availability of documents/ supplies
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
Assist the Programme Assistant in the preparations of entry visas for incoming staff and visitors to the CO. Prepares stay permits an re-entry visas for UNODC International Staff and support the process of all protocol services provided to the UN Agencies
Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNODC mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Encourages office staff to share knowledge and contribute to UNODC Practice Areas
- Develops basic knowledge of one or two Practice Areas
- Promotes a learning environment in the office
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of standard, specialized and non-specialized tasks and work process that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported.
- Ability to work of confidential nature and handle large volume of work
- Good knowledge of admin/driving rules and regulations
- Ability to provide support services
- Good knowledge of various machinery operating systems
- Some experience in client support, such as handling VIP visits
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
Required Skills and Experience
- 1 to 2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record;
- Proven experience and track record in professional driving;
- Knowledge of Protocol clerical duties and filing;
- Basic knowledge of Computer MS Office applications.
- Fluency in Arabic and working knowledge of English written and spoken.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.