- The Consultant should have a Masters Degree in IT or relevant field.
- The consultant should have minimum 10 years of professional experiences in working under similar assignments.
- Experience with design and implementation of wide area networks in developing countries including intranet and network security tools and techniques.
- Sound knowledge and experience in data privacy and security issues including the protection of data in a disparate field operations.
- Sound knowledge and experience with mail server and intranet systems for a large user community.
- Sound knowledge of server technology including processing, storage, backup/recovery requirements.
- Experience in the integration of multi-tiered application systems.
- Knowledge of AFIS implementation and operation strongly desired.
- Experience in the implementation of voter registration or electoral administration systems an advantage.
Document to be included when submitting the proposal:
Application and required documents:
To be included as part of the proposal:
- Mandatory (max. 300 words): A cover letter with a brief presentation of your consultancy explaining your suitability for the work;
- Mandatory (max. 1000 words): A brief methodology on how you will approach and conduct the work.
b. Financial Proposal:
- Financial proposal indicating a daily fee (UN DSA and most economic and direct Air Ticket cost will be reimbursed as per actual)
c. UNDP Personal History form: downloadable from http://www. undp.org.np/vacancy including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references.
- Applicants of 62 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy
- The candidate has to be an independent consultant (If the candidate is engaged with any organization, the organization employing the candidate will be issued with a Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA) to release the employee for the consultancy with UNDP).
- Due to sheer number of applicants, the procurement unit will contact only competitively selected consultant.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodologies:
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
* Technical Criteria weight; 70%
* Financial Criteria weight; 30%
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Criteria Weight Technical:
- Criterion A: Experience with design and implementation of wide area networks in developing countries including intranet and network security tools and techniques (15%)
- Criterion B: Experience in data privacy and security issues including the protection of data in a disparate field operations (10%)
- Criterion C: Sound knowledge on server technology including processing, storage, backup/recovery requirements (20%)
- Criterion D: Experience in implementation of disaster recovery plan (10%)
- Criterion E: Knowledge on configuration and operation of Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) for the de-duplication (15)%
Financial: Lowest financial proposal: 30%
Contract will be awarded to the technically qualified consultant who obtains the highest combined score (financial and technical). The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula:
((Lowest Bid Offered:)/(Bid of the Consultant)) x 30
*"Lowest Bid Offered" referes to the lowest price offered by offerors scoring at least 70% points in technical evaluation.