HUMAN RESOURCES INTERNSHIP
|Application Deadline :||26-Aug-12|
|Type of Contract :||Internship|
|Post Level :||Intern|
|Languages Required :||
English Spanish |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||6 to 12 months|
Under the guidance and supervision of the HR Officer, the HR Intern provides support to HR services in a Country Office ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The HR Intern promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Unit.
The HR Intern works in close collaboration with HR Associate to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Internships offer a small group of outstanding graduate-level students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNDP's work.**
UNDP does not pay for internships** The costs associated with the latter must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his or her own arrangements for travel, accommodation etc.
**According to UNDP Internship terms and conditions: http://www.undp.org/internships/
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Support to implementation of HR strategies
- Support to implementation of HR services
- Support to UN-related surveys
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Provides support to the implementation of HR strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
Support to implementation HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to contracts processing (FTA/TA series, SCs) and tracking of HR transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Provision of inputs to the CO staffing table and CO rosters.
- Maintenance of Attendance record spreadsheets.
- Collection of background information/ documents for submissions to the Local Appointment and Promotion Board (LAPB) and to the Local Committee Review Panel (CRP).
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with CO SOP.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Maintenance of proper filing system for HR records and documents.
- Compilation of information for RCAs.
Provides support to the conduct of UN- and UNDP-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection, copying, filing data for comprehensive and interim local salary, support to LSSC, hardship and place-to-place surveys.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on HR.
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to human resources.
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints.
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, ATLAS, as required.
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities.
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases.
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative.
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy.
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others.
Managing documents, correspondence and reports:
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software.
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction.
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language.
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards.
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard.
Planning, organizing and multi-tasking:
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships.
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs.
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support.
Required Skills and Experience
- Enrolled in a degree programme in a graduate school (second university degree or higher) at the time of application and during the internship (if a candidate is graduating before the internship period begins, they are no longer eligible); or
- Have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree, if pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages.
- Computer literate in standard software applications.
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP's Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter.
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English.
V E R Y I M P O R T A N T !
1. Read the UNDP Internship terms and conditions: http://www.undp.org/internships/
2. Download, fill and sign the application form here: http://www.pnud.cl/servicios/Internship-Application-UNDP.doc
3. The system will be prompted to upload a file on the next page after "submit" application.
UPLOAD APPLICATION FORM. DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR PERSONAL CV.
UNDP will not process applications without a properly uploaded application form.
4. Send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the subject "HR Internship" the following documents:
- Application form signed in PDF format.
- Copy of your national passport.
- Nomination letter signed by the director of the university, institution or government unit that sponsors your nomination and is responsible for the economic costs.
- Copy of your Medical Insurance policy indicating the coverage outside your country.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.