DRM CHIEF TECHNICAL ADVISER (RE-ADVERTISING) - OPEN TO KYRGYZSTAN NATIONALS ONLY
|Application Deadline :||10-Aug-12|
|Additional Category||Environment and Energy|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SC-9|
|Languages Required :||
English Russian |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months with possible extension|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||6 months with possible extension|
Duties and Responsibilities
|Under the overall supervision of Environment/DRM Programme Dimension Chief and in close cooperation with and the PMU Manager, the DRM CTA will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate programme sub-dimension activities related to Disaster Risk Reduction, from substantive, administrative and financial points of view, applying strategic planning and systematic coordination of programme sub-dimension activities;
- Ensure supervision of the respective programme sub-dimension personnel and ensure effective communication and coordination between the sub-dimension office and Environment/DRM Programme Dimension Chief.
- Provide technical and policy guidance to the respective Government bodies of the Kyrgyz Republic and the PMU as well as to the UNDP Country Office in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Ensure aligning the activities within the component with other National programmes/strategies and the respective institutions;
- Provide support in developing and implementing the methodological framework for the realization of the respective programme component;
- Cooperate and liaise with government stakeholders and other partners to ensure proper coordination and partnership in common development efforts;
- Prepare materials for the programme documents and reports required for the purposes of a) resource mobilization, b) building collaboration with partners and c) reporting to donors, implementation partners and the public;
- Monitor regularly and ensure timely and adequate implementation of the component action plans; prepare programme progress reports for approval by the PMU Manager, donors and other stakeholders;
- Maintain overall responsibility for coordination of performance and substantive outputs of national and international experts;
- Gather necessary information from other relevant programmes and best practices in Kyrgyzstan and abroad; Present information on programme activities to relevant institutions and governmental bodies, as well as ensure dissemination to broader public, as appropriate;
- Develop fruitful working relations with the UNDP regional bureau and other country offices;
- Perform other duties that may be required by the PDA or UNDP Senior Management.
- Promoting ethics and integrity, creating organizational precedents;
- Creating an environment of creativity and innovation;
- Building and promoting effective teams;
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication;
- Creating an emotionally intelligent organization;
- Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning;
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master degree in international development, social sciences, public and/or business administration or other relevant field.
- 7 years of relevant experience in providing management advisory services in governmental structures or international organizations including 4 years of relevant experience in the respective programme sphere.
- Proven experience working with Government, civil society, international organizations and donors.
- Experience in institution-building and national-level policy advice is a valuable asset.
- Strong knowledge of all relevant sectoral and macro policy issues, as well as be familiar with development methodologies, including participatory approaches to strategic planning, strategic management and the management of institutional change in developing countries.
- Good general knowledge of Kyrgyzstan and the development context.
- Proven ability to draft, edit and produce written proposals and analytical reports.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.)
- Fluency in English and Russian. Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset.
- Applications without UNDP Personal history form will not be considered. Please download P.11 form from http://www.undp.kg/en/operations/human-resources
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.