INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT FOR CONDUCTING ATRAINING SESSION ON THE LEAP MODEL FOR TNC PROJECT
|Application Deadline :||06-Aug-12|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||5 days|
Global climate change is caused by the effect of greenhouse gases emitted mainly from human activities .It has wide ranging implications on people, the economy ,and the natural & built environment in the world. Public concern started to arise with the risk of global climate change.
It is so important to do the inventory of GHG emitted from each sector of the scope of Third National Communication (TNC) project conducted in the Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency (EEAA) and funded by GEF through the UNDP office in Egypt. But, the inventory itself didn't give the full picture which can help the decision makers in the Egyptian Government to take actions in this regards in the suitable time.
The aim of this TOR is to raise the capacity of the TNC team and all members of the stakeholders working in the TNC from different institutions for doing the emissions projection and modeling task (with the suitable scenarios) in order to prepare the policy needed to be conducted. So, TNC of Egypt is in great need to train the teams in the area of climate change mitigation modeling by using LEAP model which is used by many countries and institutions all over the world in this area of concern.
Duties and Responsibilities
- TNC needs to contract with International Consultant/Consultants for conducting workshop to raise the capacity of TNC team and other national experts in the area of CC mitigation modeling and preparing the needed mitigation scenarios.
- This workshop will be conducted in Cairo, Egypt and the training site will be assigned by the EEAA officials.
- Trainees number will be about 15-20 candidates, and each one will be provided by desktop/or laptop.
Scope of work:
- The assigned International consultant (he/or she) will prepare the materials of the Training and case/or cases of study.
- The international consultant will install the LEAP model for the chosen trainees and all addition files which help the Egyptian trainees to do the modeling task.
- Egyptian side will prepare the training site with all needed IT items assigned by the International consultant/ consultants. The Egyptian side is responsible too for coffee break and provides lunch to all attendees.
- The international consultant will conduct the training within five working days (from 9:00 AM through 4:00 PM) each day.
- The international consultant will explain the LEAP model to all trainees and provide case study/studies to the team. Also, the modeling scenarios for evaluating the policy/polices needed to be conducted.
- The LEAP workshop is aiming to raise awareness of GHG modeling among stakeholders.
- LEAP Model installation for all trainees.
- Elaborate a Report about the success stories of the LEAP Training.
Provide the training within 5 days in late October/early November.
- Demonstrated ability of conducting training sessions on modeling including communication skills with trainees;
- Familiarity with computers and word processing;
- Strong proficiency in English
Required Skills and Experience
- Having previous experience and training skills in conducting international training sessions on LEAP modeling.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in the area relevant to the Climate Change modeling using LEAP for CC mitigation modeling
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.