||Panama City, PANAMA
|Application Deadline :||24-Aug-12|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SC-5|
|Languages Required :||
English Spanish |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 year|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||1 year|
|Under the overall guidance of the Regional Finance Analyst, the Programme/Finance Assistant provides programme support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
The Programme/Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project staff in the CO and UNDP HQ as required to exchange information and support programme delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support to formulation of administration and implementation of regional programme/operations
- Provides accounting, administrative and logistical support
- Support to procurement processes
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Supports formulation of administration and implementation of regional programme/operations strategies, processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial processes and records, and administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for identification of areas for support and programme formulation/ implementation.
Provides accounting, administrative and logistical support focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NEX/DEX (NIM/DIM) projects; preparation of all types of vouchers for projects and on-behalf of UNOPS and non-Atlas Agencies; PO vouchers; Pay Cycle and payment execution.
- Proper receipting of goods and services and establishment of accruals.
- Preparation of requisitions, creation in ATLAS system and making budget check for requisitions and vouchers.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Presentation of information on the status of financial resources as required.
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system including timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
Supports procurement processes for CO, NEX/DEX (NIM/DIM) projects and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of inputs to preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and their implementation monitoring.
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals.
- Support the preparation of submissions to the Contract Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Collection of documentation for raising contracts and documentation for vendor creation. Maintain a filing system for the procurement processes handled.
- Provision of information for preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results:
- Accurate data entry and financial information have an impact on the quality and implementation of the UNDP programme.
- A client-oriented and efficient approach impact on the image of UNDP RSC LAC.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
- Results-Based Programme Development and Management
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 5 years of relevant administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
- Proficiency in English to be tested trough TOEFL (500 point).
- Las postulaciones recibidas después de la fecha límite no serán consideradas;
- No se aceptarán candidaturas sin el debido formulario P.11 “UNDP Personal History Form” debidamente completado y firmado. El formulario P.11 puede ser descargado en el siguiente enlace: http://www.regionalcentrelac-undp.org/es/p11
- Solamente aquellos(as) candidatos(as) que clasifiquen en la lista corta serán contactados;
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.