The objective of UNDP in Thailand is to help create the policy and institutional environment necessary for the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). In addition, the partnership supports Thailand's efforts to disseminate its development knowledge and expertise beyond its borders. Across three programme units, programmes is based on a partnership approaches that bring in a number of stakeholders, including communities, NGOs, and local and national authorities. UNDP helps foster democratic governance by providing support to civic education among the general public, and supports decentralisation by building capacity for strategic planning and service delivery. UNDP also is helping Thailand as it emerges as a donor to the global partnership for development including supporting new initiatives to enhance cooperation between Thailand and developing countries in the region and beyond, strengthening the coordination of Thailand’s development aid with that of other countries.
Working in the UNDP Country Office in Thailand and under the direct supervision of the UNDP Communications and Media Officer, the Communications Intern will work to raise the profile of UNDP Thailand in the media and among Government Agencies, NGOs and other partners, assist in the management of the CO website, assist with general communications requirements, and provide Thai-language editing services to the Thailand Country Office.
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Able to write leaflets, brochures, newsletters, as needed.
- Has excellent computer skills (including Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop CS);
- Has strong knowledge and use of modern information technologies
- Familiarity with AP style
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Should have some experience in writing news articles, press releases
- Results driven, able to meet targets/deadlines
- Familiarity with communication and web software such as Adobe DreamWeaver CS5
- Working knowledge of MS-Office and internet/email
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.