ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK - UNODC (OPEN TO LIBYAN NATIONALS ONLY)
|Application Deadline :||07-Oct-12|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SC-3|
|Languages Required :||
Arabic English |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||6 months( with possibility of renewal subject to funding availability and satisfactory|
Under the guidance and supervision of the Programme Assistant and the overall guidance of the Office Coordinator, the Administrative Clerk provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Clerk promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Clerk works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the Country Office (CO) and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provides general office support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of the office;
- Maintains calendar/schedules;
- Monitors changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the office;
- Receives phone call and visitors, and responds to routine inquiries and information requests;
- Maintains files (both paper and electronic);
- Performs a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave recording, meeting organization, reservations, office supply and equipment orders, etc.), including preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. travel requests, expense claims, vouchers, visa applications, etc.);
- Arranges for travel of project staff including recording of estimated travel costs in the financial database;
- Ensure proper maintenance of office;
- Make administrative arrangements for trainings/conferences held by the Project Office;
- Any other duties assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNODC mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Encourages office staff to share knowledge and contribute to UNODC Practice Areas
- Develops basic knowledge of one or two Practice Areas
- Promotes a learning environment in the office
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of standard, specialized and non-specialized tasks and work process that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported.
- Ability to work of confidential nature and handle large volume of work
- Good knowledge of admin/driving rules and regulations
- Ability to provide support services
- Good knowledge of various machinery operating systems
- Some experience in client support, such as handling VIP visits
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
Required Skills and Experience
- 1 to 3 years of relevant administrative experience;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.