|Application Deadline :||24-Sep-12|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||GS-5|
|Languages Required :||
English Russian |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 year with possible extension|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||1 year with possible extension|
|Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager and direct supervisor, the Procurement Assistant provides procurement services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Procurement Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
The Procurement Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Summary of Key Functions:
Ensures implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Support to procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy
- Ensures proper data clean-up and filing
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Supports procurement processes for CO, NEX/DEX projects and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
Contributes to implementation of sourcing strategy focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Provision of inputs to preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects.
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
- Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendor creation in Atlas, maintenance of the filing system in the procurement Unit. Buyers profile in Atlas.
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Provision of information for preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Implementation of functions of CAP Secretary.
- Drafting official correspondence on procurement related activities when requested.
Ensures proper data clean-up and filing focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Update of the rosters of suppliers.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Does regular data clean up, filing and maintenance of data bases.
- Prepares data reporting upon request.
- Participation and input to trainings on Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
|Functional Competencies: |
Building Strategic Partnerships
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
UNDP Procurement Certification programme
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- University or BA degree. Preferably in Business or Public Administration, Management, Economics. Specialized training in procurement.
- 5 years of relevant administrative and/or procurement experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web based management systems would be an assets.
- Fluency in English and Russian, knowledge of Kyrgyz would be an asset.
Applications without UNDP Personal history form will not be considered. Please download P.11 form from http://www.undp.kg/en/operations/human-resources
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.