Establishing and maintaining cloud solutions
BTCA has created an account on Mailchimp to store its contacts and manage its electronic campaigns.
The consultant will support the development of the tool by creating - as needed - forms for the contact database, templates for the campaign (using BTCA branding) and by proposing solutions to streamline and improve processes (e.g., connecting with social media, with a CRM, customizing applications for Ipad and cell phone, etc.).
- Relationship tracker (see Annexes for more details)
BTCA plans to engage with 150 organizations to generate support and commitment and it needs to track the different conversations that occur between different members of the Alliance and the external partners. BTCA also engage with several consultants to manage its activities such as outreach and events organization. The purpose of the tracker is to understand the flow and status of the conversation, retrieve easily key information and spot next steps to be undertaken and assign responsibilities.
There are four types of conversations that the Secretariat wants to track:
- Conversations on Commitments
- Conversations on Strategic Partnerships, for:
- Resource Mobilization
- Knowledge Generation
- Knowledge Dissemination
- General agreement to support the dissemination of the knowledge produced by BTCA specifying the tools/channels the strategic partners would use, periodicity and contact person
- Conversations on specific outreach/visibility opportunities such as presence during key events
- Conversations with technical assistance facility requesters
- Record of discussion of the different BTCA committees
- Communication Sub Committee
- Knowledge management Sub Committee
- Fundraising Sub Committee
When tracking ‘conversations’ for the first three of the above, the following details should be tracked:
- Who: a) who is having this conversation from the Secretariat, b) who else is involved from the Alliance in the conversation and in what capacity (different individuals are involved in one conversation and need to access easily the record remotely), c) to whom the Alliance is talking (including contact information and general information such as institution name, position, etc).
- What: a) what is the conversation about, b) what is the next step agreed by the different parties, c) assign tasks to Alliance members/Secretariat to follow up
- When: a) when are the conversations happening, b) what is the follow up timelines (coupled with an alert system so that the person in charge can receive reminders)
- Where: a) where are the ‘conversations’ taking place (events, through the Secretariats’ outreach etc.)
- Notes for extra information
- Supporting documents: Commitments letter, with an annex of specific commitments, i.e. value of transition from cash to electronic and location of this transition spelled out, MoU for dissemination, agenda of the events, floor plan of the display, etc.
Regarding the committees, the tool will record the agenda, attendees, discussions and decisions, action points and needed follow up with assignment of responsibility.
The tool needs to:
- Be accessible from different users in various environments and user friendly/intuitive
- The solution should enable different levels of access
- Highlight the workflow maybe through a color code to mark up the progress made between the start of a conversation and the conclusion of a commitment (start, ongoing, off track, secured/finalized)
- Be searchable per categories of stakeholders: governments, private sector, development agencies, per objective (commitment, fundraising, knowledge generation, knowledge dissemination), per Alliance member involved in the discussion, per step (starting point, ongoing, secured, off track)
- Information monitoring system
BTCA wants to monitor through a variety of Web based systems (google alert, RSS feeds, monitoring partners websites, etc.):
- BTCA mentions
- Alliance members mentions
- Mobile money trends
- Electronic payments trends
- Financial inclusion + electronic payments
- Events and publications connected to BTCA topics of interest
BTCA needs a dashboard that pulls together all relevant news and that could be: 1) available to all Alliance members 2) mirrored on the BTCA website with the possibility to select what should be publish as well as automatize the process, 3) merged into a Newsletter sent through Mailchimp.
Updating BTCA website
BTCA website operates on Word press and needs to be updated on a weekly basis. The consultant should be able to perform these changes but also propose solutions for improved performance of the website. As the tasks will vary every week, the consultant should plan for a bulk of 5 hours a week and maintain a time sheet.
Weekly communication with BTCA
The consultant will need to report on a weekly basis on the progress made, time spent and solutions proposed.