CONSULTANT (S)/ FIRM - DOCUMENTARY ON THE LESOTHO 2012 NATIONAL ASSEMBLY ELECTIONS (RFP)
|Application Deadline :||21-Jun-13|
|Type of Contract :||Other|
|Post Level :||Other|
|Languages Required :||
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||180 working days|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||180 working days|
Lesotho held a successful and internationally acclaimed General Election on 26th May, 2012, which resulted in a coalition government of three political parties, the All Basotho Convention (ABC), the Basotho National Party (BNP), and the Lesotho Congress for Democracy (LCD). The three parties amassed the majority of Parliamentary seats to form a coalition government, the first in Lesotho. The people of Lesotho witnessed an unprecedented event where a smooth transition of power from one elected leader to another took place. Lesotho now stands out as an example of an African country that has demonstrated political maturity.
This historic event has not been well archived in a technologically advanced format that can be easily accessible for future reference and as a model to draw lessons from. With the emergence of new media, UNDP deemed it necessary for digital content as medium of reference.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft a documentary outline/storyboard in consultation with the UNDP;
- Develop plan for filming, audio and post production in consultation with UNDP;
- Conduct interviews on location incorporating themes agreed with UNDP;
- Develop script on the basis of footage captured, log footage and edit documentary, providing a rough cut version prior to editing;
- Provide English sub-titles and finalize the production; provide raw footage and approved edited format of video;
- Provide footage of activities in the post-elections scenario;
- Develop graphics, record narration where applicable and select approved background sound/music
- Provide rough cut version prior to editing to the UNDP;
- Edit and finalize the production;
- Complete documentary incorporating all comments;
- Provide a web optimized version for posting on a website;
- Submission of video in 2 phases, starting with Part 1 and 2, and Part 3 to follow;
- One copy of the documentary on a DVD;
- Fifty copies of the final documentary in a well- designed thematic pictorial DVD Case;
- A short five minute summary version of the video.
- Clear articulation of capacity and skill, and innovative approaches to carry out the assignment;
- Clear work plan and articulation of expected methodologies and outputs;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards ;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of bachelors degree in Media Production, Film Making or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience and competency in conducting similar assignments with five to ten years working experience in development of corporate video documentaries;
- Additional experience in development communication and mass communication will be an added advantage
- Ability to start immediately.
Procedures for Submission of Concept Notes
Interested individuals or teams of consultants should submit Concept Notes (technical and financial proposals) indicating how they propose to undertake the assignment and cost in Maloti, 2 page curriculum vitae of all team members, three most recent CDs/ DVDs, at least four previous clients and their email and telephone contacts, and statement of capability by close of business June 21, 2013 to the address below. Detailed Terms of reference can be accessed at:
United Nations Development Programme
3rd Floor, UN House
P.O. Box 301
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.