UN WOMEN: HUMAN RESOURCES RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
||New York, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
|Application Deadline :||12-Sep-13|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 month with possibility of extension|
Grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, UN Women will work for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations System efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader for Recruitment and Staffing, a consultant is required to provide services in the area of recruitment directly related to the surge in recruitment activities in relation to the implementation of the Regional Architecture.
Duties and Responsibilities
The HR Recruitment Consultant will be providing the following services:
- Screen applications received online against a pre-determined selection criteria. Submit the longlist, with comments for review by the Recruitment Team Leader/HR Specialist;
- Ensure that all communications are well documented and processes managed with the utmost transparency.
- Ensure confidentiality in all procedures and exchanges of information;
- Ensure compilation and keep track of relevant documentation as required;
- Perform reference checks and obtain additional documentation from candidates, as necessary.
Core Values/Guiding Principles:
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
Cultural Sensitivity/Valuing diversity:
- Demonstrating an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff;
- Demonstrating an international outlook, appreciating differences in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ethics and Values:
- Demonstrating / Safeguarding Ethics and Integrity.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
Developing and Empowering People / Coaching and Mentoring:
- Self-development, initiative-taking.
Working in Teams:
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work.
Communicating Information and Ideas:
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
Self-management and Emotional intelligence:
- Creating synergies through self-control Conflict Management / Negotiating and Resolving Disagreements.
Knowledge Sharing / Continuous Learning:
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of other.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in relevant field required.
- At least 2 years experience in handing HR/ recruitment issues for international organizations;
- Knowledge of the United Nations policies, procedures and practices, particularly those related to human resources and operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of another UN language would be an asset.
Click here for important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.