INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT - UX SPECIALIST
||New York City, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
|Application Deadline :||04-Oct-13|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||3 weeks|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||3 weeks|
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP works through country offices to provide development advocacy, advice and assistance in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Arab States, Eastern Europe, CIS, Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST) is UNDP’s primary provider of ICT services. OIST is seeking a short term User Experience Designer assignment who is responsible for creating compelling, innovating design solutions which can be implemented on the corporate SharePoint 2010 environment to deliver enhanced internal organizational performance management portal. The designer is responsible for working with in-house designer(s) to articulate, structure and provide framework to organize different components, which form a part of the organizational performance portal, in a way which:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in cross functional teams especially with portal solutions architect, technical architect and business community to plan, prioritize and deliver information architecture, design, visual design/page layouts, services and web parts to support cohesive user experience by refining initial design blueprint;
- Leverage delivered SharePoint 2010 architecture for delivery of the design, and ensure that design is executable and compatible with the existing platform;
- Work closely key stakeholders to communicate design strategy and rational;
- Educate internal teams on best practices around information architecture, interaction, and visual designs, usability and supporting technologies.
Activities & Deliverables
- Performance Management Portal design document;
- Review of the initial design blue print document;
- Refine, enhance, and elevate the initial design blueprint to the final design document with cohesive architecture and user experience;
- Presentation of the design document do key stakeholders;
- Education and hand over;
- Carry out hand over session to internal teams in particular to solutions architect and designer on the design and underlining principles.
- Demonstrate integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Technical / Functional The successful Candidate will have abilities to work on the following functional areas:
- Track record of developing and delivering successful, intuitive, and compelling designs that contribute towards productivity;
- Delivered at least 2 integrated and high-end user experience projects on SharePoint on schedule, on budget and respecting existing context to ensure implementation of the design;
- Broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design and usability evaluation within a given information architecture;
- Ability to translate functional end user requirements into an effective user experience;
- Deep knowledge of user center design processes and methodologies of design for SharePoint including Responsive Design;
- UX Design knowledge/expertise for MS SharePoint environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Relevant University Degree and/or appropriate certifications.
- At least 5 years of experience in design complex enterprise level web applications;
- Created seamless and consistent user experiences;
- Delivered at least 2 UX designs for MS SharePoint environments.
- Fluency in oral and written English required;
- Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
Qualified and interested candidates are hereby requested to apply. The application package should contain the following:
- Online Application;
- Brief description of why the candidate considers her/himself the most suitable for the assignment;
- Personal CV;
- Past experiences with similar projects;
- At least 3 references, including telephone and email contact details.
Candidates must submit a Financial Proposal – separately - at email@example.com.
- The Financial Proposal should indicate an all-inclusive, lump sum daily rate based on a 7.5-hour working day, supported by a breakdown of costs;
- If the candidate is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under a Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the candidate must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the Financial Proposal submitted to UNDP;
- The Financial Proposal is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline given above, with the heading “Financial Proposal for UX Specialist".
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on cumulative analysis
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Being responsive/compliant/acceptable based on the terms of reference as advertised; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation;
Technical criteria weight/Interview Score (70%);
Financial criteria weight; Financial Proposal (30%).
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% (490 points) of the maximum obtainable points for the technical criteria (700 points) shall be considered for the financial evaluation.
The evaluation criteria are broken down as follows:
Criteria Weight Max. Point
- Technical Evaluation for Compliance with Terms of Reference (ToRs)
- Qualification: 10% (100 points);
- Technical Knowledge: 20% (200 points);
- Relevant Working Experience in the Required Areas of Expertise: 40% (400 points);
- Total Amount of Point (Minimum passing score of 490 out of 700 to proceed to Financial Evaluation): 70% (700 points);
- Financial Proposal (Total All-inclusive Lumpsum Daily Rate);
- Financial Score: (300 Points) 30% (300 points);
- Total score: (Technical + Financial) (1000 Points) 100% (1000 points).
Applicants are shortlisted based on educational background and relevant working experience in the required areas. UNDP may choose to interview shortlisted candidates. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Individual Consultant will be paid an all-inclusive lumpsum daily rate. There will be a one-time payment only for this three (3) week assignment.
Payment to the Individual Consultant will be made upon certification of satisfactory completion by the project team lead;
The work week will be based on 37.5 hours, i.e. on a 7.5-hour working day, with core hours being between 9h00 and 18h00 daily.
Payments are to be made to the Individual Consultant based on the number of days worked and deliverables accepted.
The UNDP Central Procurement Unit will respond by email and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all consultants. and accepted deliverables.
Click here for important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.