|Summary of key functions:
To support and strengthen VAW database established in MoWA, oversee the implementation of all activities related to primary VAW data bases managed by MoWA which is focused on monitoring the use of the VAW intake form, coordination among members of VAW data base protocol; facilitate meetings of the VAW data base committee, provide training and capacity building support to VAW primary database users, assist the process of upgrading the VAW database to a web based mechanism and draft the periodic analytical report of the VAW primary data base.
Under the direct supervision of the UN Women EVAW Pillar Deputy Program Manager and in consultation with the related department of MoWA and the oversight of the UN Women Senior Coordinator in MoWA the National Gender and Statistics Officer serves as in charge of the daily responsibilities in relation to VAW database mechanism.
The post will be based in MoWA, and will provide technical support to improve the operationalization of the VAW data base mechanism of MoWA and support building the capacity of the related staff of MoWA in taking over the responsibility of the mechanism on gradual bases. Programmatically, the gender and statistic Officer will assist MoWA to ensure that the mechanism of VAW database is functional and is linked to other national level mechanisms on registration and tracking of cases of violence against women and can generate timely analysis and assessment of the registered cases. Functions/Key Results Expected:
1. Coordination support to VAW protocol implementation between MoWA and protocol members, represent UN Women in the related activities as agreed upon by the EVAW Pillar Manager.
• Support MoWA in Liaising with the members of the VAW primary data base committee, expansion of membership, ensuring active participation of members in the related activities and regular review meetings of the committee.
• Provide technical support to MoWA in developing the capacities of the regional focal points on case registration and regional coordination
• In coordination with other relevant actors (UN agencies, non-government organizations, Government) ensure that the data base is comprehensively covering all relevant issues of VAW
• Assist MoWA in monitoring utilization of the VAW database at sub national level
2. Provide technical support to the operationalization of the VAW primary data base including provision of trainings and capacity building supports in consultation with the EVAW pillar management and the relevant departments of MoWA.
• Provide training and technical support on the use and purpose of Primary VAW Database to DoWA focal points in Kabul and field offices.
• Assist the professional staff with keeping the web – database on VAW up to date
• Support MoWA in training the staff of focal points on the use of intake forms
• Provide technical support in the process of VAW data collection,
• Undertake filed missions on regular bases to monitor implementation of activities in the field
• Ensure designing of nationwide database linked with provincial electronic hubs
3. Support MoWA in developing plan and mechanism to support VAW data analysis and dissemination in accordance with the standards
• Follow up regular updates of the VAW database and maintain records of documents, insights, tools and materials produced.
• Support MoWA in developing outlines and draft analytical reports using the VAW primary database registered cases
• Improve participation of MoWA relevant departments in analyzing and drafting of the report
• Facilitate collecting of views and comments of the stakeholders in particular the EVAW commission on the draft analytical report
• Support translation, design and printing of the report
• Design and support creative way of dissemination of the report
4. Provide administrative and technical assistance in management and implementation of VAW primary database
• Submit regular report on the progress of the activities to the management of EVAW pillar
• Assist with the preparation of progress, quarterly and final reports of the project.
• Provide necessary support required to compile the annual report, donor reports and other reports as and when required.
• Assist in monitoring and evaluation of project activities
• Perform other tasks related to program and operations of VAW primary database as and when requested by pillar management.