ICT SPECIALIST (OPEN TO ZIMBABWEAN NATIONALS ONLY)
|Application Deadline :||23-Oct-13|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||NO-C|
|Languages Required :||
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 year|
Under the guidance of the Deputy Country Director Operations and direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the ICT Specialist manages ICT Common Premises services, develops and implements ICT management systems, provides information management tools and technology infrastructure .The ICT Specialist is responsible for the review of and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance the Arundel Park Common Premises UN Agencies productivity. In addition the ICT Specialist will supervise and provide leadership to the UNDP ICT Associate and Common Services team ensuring a customer focused service delivery and promoting a client-oriented approach.
The ICT Specialist works in close collaboration with the UN Arundel Park Common Premises Agencies to support the ICT Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations teams in those Agencies and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex ICT-related issues, liaises with Regional Information Officer (RIO), the Regional Bureau Information Manager (RBIM), and OIST staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies such as Unified Communications and High Definition Videoconferencing , focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UN corporate information management and technology standards, including DaO (Delivery as One) related network and ICT harmonization, guidelines and procedures for the Arundel Park Common Premises Agencies technology environment;
- Analysis of the requirement and elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT;
- Arundel Park Common Premise ICT business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in ICT management, control of the workflows in the ICT team;
- Participation in agency business process re-engineering activities and ensure that business needs drive IT solutions related to corporate resource management;
- Conduct market research and analysis, and introduction of new technology for agency system updating and improvement;
- Provision of advice on and assistance in the procurement of new ICT equipment for the Arundel Park Common Premises Agencies, programmes and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets;
- Development and update of the Common Premises ICT annual plan and road map;
- Development and update of the Communications, Business Continuity; disaster recovery plan (s), ICT infrastructure and training plans and follow up on their implementation;
- Provide support in the plan and implementation of Arundel Park agencies network security policy and procedures including file permissions, and file system integrity, and adding and deleting users and e-mail accounts;
- Ensure all users are aware of the Policy on Use of ICT Resources as provided by UNDP OIST and other UN agency (s);
- Regular systems audit conducted and security incident(s) reported.
Ensure development of electronic information and documentation management systems focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Support the development and implementation of the Arundel Park Common Premises Agencies information and documentation management system (s) in accordance with UNDP policy and other agency office needs;
- Development of new software for high impact results (e.g. office management system, e- registry, intranet, SharePoint etc). It is understood that development of new tools should only take place if the business needs cannot be covered by available corporate applications.
Manage Arundel Park Common Premises Agencies hardware, applications and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
Ensure efficient networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Hardware and software platforms within the Arundel Park Common Premises meet the UN agency specific corporate standards;
- Provision of advice on the maintenance of ICT equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies.
- Installment of software and other off-the-shelf applications on the network together with maintenance and proper recording of configuration & installation data; as according to organizational/agency change management policy and procedures;
- Implementation of new or upgraded applications or patches, in accordance with set standards, on time and within budget;
- Monitor all communication hardware and devices e.g. routers, VSAT indoor and outdoor equipment, CUCM, voice gateway etc, to ensure availability with minimum downtime.
- Operationalisation of the data network to ensure smooth running of all servers, workstations, network resources and other LAN and WAN hardware and software with minimum downtime;
- Undertake the server, network resources and other network hardware & software installations and/or upgrades, configuration, as per change management policy and procedures;
- Monitor the computing resources to provide a stable and responsive environment;
- Operation of network utility procedures defining network users and security attributes establishing directories, menus and drive-mappings, configuring network printers and providing user access;
- Monitor backup and restoration procedures for both server and local drives;
- Timely upgrade of ICT infrastructure and Internet connectivity to meet UN Agency’s corporate requirements;
- Provision of technical advice on network administration to other agencies as required;
- Provision of oversight role for the preparation of agency telecommunication bills for cost-recovery purposes;
- Troubleshoot and resolution of all network problems with supplementary support from OIST helpdesk. Record and provide monthly statistics on all support requests, resolutions, escalations etc., using a problem tracking and resolution tool;
- Manage ICT external service provider contracts affecting all CS agencies;
- Liaise with local service providers, VSAT service provider helpdesk and/or OIST helpdesk for supplementary support;
- Carry out regular house-keeping and timely user provisioning and de-provisioning on the CUCM and Active Directory as required.
Provision of web management services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Under UNDP’s overall Content and Collaboration Architecture (CCA), or Agency specific CCA, identify opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems by leveraging the existing knowledge management, e-documentation and office automation facilities to address the issues of efficiency (e.g. office management systems, donor profile software, knowledge management systems);
- Coordinate technical assistance for maintenance of website(s), intranet and extranet.
- Ensure sufficient backup of material for all the sites and adequate security through regular updates of the Content Management System (CMS) as required;
- Creation and technical maintenance of the Arundel Park Common Services Agencies website (s) and Intranet as required;
- Provision of technical advice on web management to other agencies as required.
Ensure proper common services organization and management, establishment of partnerships with other UN Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Elaboration of the strategic approach to implementation of common services in line with the UN reform, the latest developments in common services and the best practices;
- Application of tools, guidelines and business models available to scale up and effectively manage common services, facilitate simplification and harmonization of business practices;
- Proper review of common services budget, expenditures and of Agencies contributions to the common services account.
Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing within the Arundel Park Common Services Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision;
- Conduct end users training to assist users in maximizing use of the network systems through e.g. regular ICT Tips sent out on e-mail, contribution to the HR Newsflash and/or face-to-face sessions with groups of network users;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices directly linked to ICT management;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Functional Competencies: Building Partnerships
Identifying and building partnerships
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Effectively networks with partners seizing opportunities to build alliances;
- Identifies needs and interventions for capacity building of counterparts, clients and potential partners;
- Displays initiative, sets challenging outputs for him/herself and willingly accepts new work assignments.
Developing tools and mechanisms
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise:
- Participates in the development of mechanisms, including identifying new approaches to promote individual and organizational learning and knowledge sharing using formal and informal methodologies
In-depth knowledge of own discipline
Promoting Organizational Change and Development:
- Understands advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines (financial resources and human resources management, contract, asset and procurement, information and communication technology, general administration);
- Continues to seek new and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work of the unit;
- Keeps abreast of new developments in area of professional discipline and job knowledge and seeks to develop him/herself professionally;
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Continually looking for ways to enhance financial performance in the office.
Assisting the individuals to cope with change
- Performs appropriate work analysis and assists in redesign to establish clear standards for implementation;
- Design And Implementation of Management Systems;
- Designing and implementing management system;
- Makes recommendations regarding operation of systems within organizational units;
- Identifies and recommends remedial measures to address problems in systems design or implementation.
Contributing to positive outcomes for the client
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Anticipates client needs
- Demonstrates understanding of client’s perspective
- Solicits feedback on service provision and quality
Input to the development of standards and policies
- Provides inputs to the development of organizational standards for accountability
- Building support and political acumen;
- Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation;
- Building and promoting effective teams;
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication;
- Creating an emotionally intelligent organization;
- Leveraging conflict in the interests of UNDP & setting standards;
- Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning;
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Information systems, Information Management or Bachelors with seven years of experience in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE). If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- 5 years of relevant working experience, including development and implementation of ICT strategies (with Master);
- Management and supervision of ICT services and teams;
- Hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications;
- Experience in web design and development of web-based office applications;
- Project management experience would be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and a national language.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.