Within the framework of LGCDP II, an Urban Governance Expert will be posted in each of the following 53 Municipalities.
Illam, Bhadrapur, Damak, Mechinagar, Khandbari, Dhankuta, Itahari, Inaruwa, Dharan, Triyuga, Rajbiraj, Siraha, Lahan, Janakpur, Jaleswar, Malangawa, Kamalamai, Bhimeswar, Bidur, Kirtipur, Madhyapur Thimi, Bhaktapur, Dhulikhel, Panauti, Banepa, Hetauda, Gaur, Kalaiya, Bharatpur, Ratnanagar, Ramgram, Siddharthnagar, Butwal, Kapilbastu, Tansen, Waling, Putalibazar, Byas, Gorkha, Lekhnath, Baglunj, Ghorai, Tulasipur, Nepalgunj, Gulariya, Birendranagar, Narayan, Dhangadhi, Tikapur, Dipayal Silgadhi, Dashrathchand, Amaragadhi, Bhimdatta
Scope of work
The Urban Governance Expert (UGE), who will be accountable to the Executive Officer (EO) , has ultimate operational responsibility for reporting and facilitation of the LGCDP II activities in the Municipality and to support improving their Minimum Conditions and Performance Measures (MCPM) assessment score. The UGE will provide technical support the municipality for planning, programming, reporting and monitoring. He/she will work in close coordination with the Regional Coordination Unit (RCU).
The UGE will be responsible for carrying out following tasks:
Assist the Municipality to be compliant with Local Body Resource Mobilization guidelines
- Assist the Municipality to carry out participatory planning process by mobilizing Ward Citizen Forums;
- Provide technical support to the Integrated Plan Formulation Committee in prioritization of project proposals during the annual planning process;
- Assist Municipality coordination and linkage with line agencies and other stakeholders.
- Assist the Municipality to prepare Annual Work plans and Project Funding Matrix;
- Assist the Municipality to prepare monitoring and evaluation plans and to timely inform concerned authorities to correct any misappropriations, mistakes and weaknesses;
- Assist the Municipality to conduct periodic reviews, public hearings and public/social auditing;
- Provide support to implement National Building Code in the Municipality;
- Assist the Municipality in preparing statuary reports and to publish these as required;
- Assist the Municipality in improving compliance to vital registration and social security guidelines;
- Report any observation of financial irregularities to the EO.
Assist in effective LGCDP II implementation
- Provide support to compile the data from the Municipality and prepare trimester and annual progress reports and submit to the Programme Coordination Unit regularly through the Regional Coordination Unit;
- Assist the Municipality to institutionalize cross-cutting issues such as Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI), Environment Friendly Local Governance (CFLG) and Environment Friendly Local Governance (EFLG).
- Support the Municipality to conduct Initial Environmental Examination (IEE), Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) and other environmental safeguards;
- Assist the Municipality in facilitating civil society compliance monitoring activities such as public audit, public hearing, and social audit;
- Monitor social mobilization activities in the Municipality and promote harmonization with other social mobilization programme in the Municipality;
- Assist the Municipality to implement Fiduciary Risk Reduction Action Plan;
- Assist the Municipality to introduce and implement web-based reporting and results based monitoring system ;
- Backstop and supervise the work of the ICT volunteer deployed to the Municipality.
Municipal capacity development
- Assist the Municipality in identifying municipal capacity gaps on the basis of MCPM assessment results;
- Assist the RCU in drawing up regional capacity development plans for local bodies;
- Facilitate and coordinate capacity development activities at the local level;
- Participate in capacity development activities.