|Application Deadline :||07-Feb-14|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||GS-7|
|Languages Required :||
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 year|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||1 year|
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the DCD Operations and Finance Analyst, the Finance Associate provides leadership in execution of financial services in the Country Office (CO) ensuring effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services. The Finance Associate promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Finance Associate supervises and leads the support staff of the Finance Unit. The Finance Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQs staff to resolve complex financial management and operational-related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration and implementation of operational and financial management strategies;
- Administration of budgets and effective cost recovery;
- Accounting, finance and administrative support;
- CO cash management;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Possesses knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks (broad range of specialized knowledge related to financial resources management, including formulating budgets, maintaining Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, reporting);
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system;
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education, with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance;
- University Degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement;
- Part-qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- 7 years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience is required;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft;
- Knowledge of IPSASand/or IFRS required.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese.
Open to Mozambique Nationals only.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.