- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Fiji (Multi-country Office)
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- About Us
- News Centre
COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE, UNDP (ONLY FOR KAZAKHSTAN CITIZENS)
|Location :||Astana, KAZAKHSTAN|
|Application Deadline :||19-May-14|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||GS-7|
|Languages Required :||English Russian|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||12 months|
Under the guidance of the senior management of the UNDP Country Office (CO), the Communications Associate maintains a positive, high public profile for the Office. S/he nurtures good relations with the media, the public, and other partners, and increases the standing and awareness of UNDP and the UN through systematic communications and advocacy.
The Communications Associate works in close collaboration with the Programme and Operations teams in the CO, staff of other UN Agencies, UNDP HQs staff (Communications Office) and Regional Communications Advisor, Government officials, media, multilateral and bilateral donors and civil society.
S/he plays an important supporting role to the UN Resident Coordinator and the UN Communications Group in Kazakhstan.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support to formulation and implementation of internal and external communications and advocacy strategies; support to business development
1. Supports the formulation and implementation of internal and external communications and advocacy strategies; supports business development—aiming for the following results:
2. Provides elaboration and implementation of the CO publications strategy and plan focusing on the achievement of the following results:
3. Ensures the design and maintenance of the UNDP web site, intranet, CO web-based knowledge management system focusing on achievement of the following results:
Impact of Results
Through ensuring effective communication, the Communications Associate informs the wider public of the global and local mandate and range of activities of the UN, and mobilizes support for the UNDP Country Office and UN Country Team.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
Knowledge Management and Learning
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Secondary education required. University degree is desirable.
Experience: 7 years of relevant experience in public relations, mass media, or communications for an international organization. Experience in standard computer software applications and handling web-based information-management systems.
Language Requirements: Native fluency in Kazakh or Russian, with a strong command of the other. Very strong English writing skills.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.